Author Topic: Dunes Spawnpoint Change  (Read 4032 times)

Offline JaegerDelta

• Salutes: 16
    • [2620]
    • View Profile
Dunes Spawnpoint Change
« on: August 13, 2013, 01:54:36 pm »
The current round of balance changes are definitely aimed at getting a handle on long range combat. No map is more prevalent in long range combat, or in the game in general really, than Battle on the Dunes. More often than not, you initially spawn in the open in full view of the enemy.

What I propose is moving the spawn points on dunes to either side of the juggernaut, either by shifting them over or rotating it so one team is near the ribs and one team is on the side of the juggernaut from the ribs.  with some initial cover a sniper has to move into position around the juggernaut and the enemy team can move to avoid them. A sniper build would then have to work with their team mate much more closely to support them or maneuver into position in a coordinated manner for double snipes.

This will also serve to shift combat away from the one side of the map it is on currently to combat focusing on the area around the juggernaut, which is the main focal point of the map visually anyway (and from a lore standpoint it would be the main target for salvaging resources).

Now this solution only affects dunes, but the same principle of looking at the environmental solutions to long range balance, rather than the messy route of changing gun and ammo properties in an integrated system, could probably be applied to other maps with alot of success.

Offline awkm

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 77
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
    • Notes for Next Century—n4n100
Re: Dunes Spawnpoint Change
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 11:22:14 am »
I'll look into it.

Basically, what you're saying is to use the same level layout (minus clouds and storms) as Scrap?

Offline JaegerDelta

• Salutes: 16
    • [2620]
    • View Profile
Re: Dunes Spawnpoint Change
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 11:34:03 am »
well the initial spawns on scrap are basically the same as dunes (unless they are not lol i havent played scrap in forever) , basically im saying move the initial spawns so the juggernaut is between them.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 11:43:49 am by JaegerDelta »