Author Topic: New Rule Idea, Cutsies  (Read 6028 times)

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
New Rule Idea, Cutsies
« on: August 07, 2013, 02:49:55 am »
So as many have realized, losing the 3a vs 2c match is in many ways a death sentence as it puts you in the long rotation where you miss out on functionally a month of competition. Furthermore, this season added the "Newcomers' Proving Ground," an excellent addition that has sadly not always filled up. Perhaps a solution to this is possible if we allow a cutting rule.

What if we allowed positions 3b-3d to basically try and claim a newcomers spot IF there are insufficient newcomers.

For example, this week only the Falconeers (4a) have signed up. PaFa (3d), Polaris Company (3c), and Aurora Squadron (3b)
are currently sitting in rotation. We could let one of these teams to call dibs on cutsies. I would suggest priority is given to the lowest rank as they have been rotating the longest. PaFa for all practical purposes would be treated as 4b. This would give them the chance to to jump up to 3a if they win both the 4a vs 4b and the 4w vs 3e match. If they lose, they will be ejected and can just sign up next week.

What this accomplishes is it helps make sure there are 4 matches every week and it gives some advantage to being in the upcomer's cog as right now it would be better to simply exit and reenter the cogs.

Thoughts?

Offline Brick Hardcastle

• Salutes: 12
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
Re: New Rule Idea, Cutsies
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 10:32:38 am »
This makes a lot of sense. I think everyone is in agreement The Cogs needs some kind of an overhaul, but this rule is something that could be implemented right away, and would solve the issue of it being basically meaningless to be in the upcomer's Cog from a certain point onwards.

Offline naufrago

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 10
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 11:00:35 am »
Would've been nice if someone suggested this a month or two ago. =p

But I'm not gonna let my butthurtedness affect my judgement (ie. not gonna say, "we had to suffer through a couple months of doing nothing, now it's their turn to suffer!"). It's a pretty nice idea, one I'm willing to support.

Offline Keon

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 105
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 01:22:46 pm »
/support

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2013, 02:03:52 pm »
I support that.  Honestly we need to do something.

Offline Mill Wilkinson

• Salutes: 24
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2013, 02:31:46 pm »
More matches, more awesome. I hop on the support-line.