Author Topic: Right click for details  (Read 7476 times)

Offline Spud Nick

• Salutes: 130
    • [✦✦45]
    • View Profile
Right click for details
« on: August 06, 2013, 01:33:53 am »
A simple option to right click on a players name in a match to see what tools he or she has.

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Right click for details
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 02:13:56 am »
ooh that would be handy

Offline Swizy

• Salutes: 20
    • [T.Pr]
    • View Profile
    • FacePunch
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 02:25:17 am »
I like that idea alot. Optional to have that even in lobby?

Offline TimTim LaBaguette

• Salutes: 8
    • [LBS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 05:36:08 am »
Oh yeah that would be good to have in a lobby, just like how we can see the ship loadout by clicking on it.

Offline Pickle

• Salutes: 42
    • [AeBr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2013, 09:48:10 am »
I'm not sure the benefit outweighs the downside - a new an improved means of bawling out newbs in the lobby, a rare few will respond when asked to change but the number of lobby-quits is going to increase.

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2013, 11:29:15 am »
I'm not sure the benefit outweighs the downside - a new an improved means of bawling out newbs in the lobby, a rare few will respond when asked to change but the number of lobby-quits is going to increase.

Though I completely agree that this could increase the occurrence of lobby quits do the the aforementioned, I think it might be offset by the fact that vets will have an easier time coaching responsive new players and teaching them about various tools and ammo types.

Offline Cloudrunner

• Salutes: 4
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2013, 12:09:02 pm »
I'm with Smollett. It would be much easier to coach players, but I feel like this feature should be restricted to teams.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2013, 01:48:28 pm »
It is better they get bawled out in the lobby where they can change their loadout than in game where their decisions doom an entire crew. The captain is going to find out what they are using eventually and are more likely to call the player a "blithering idiot who has no place on this ship" if the discovery is made mid battle as opposed to the calm of the lobby screen.

This will also allow captains to check up on what the other team is doing and what pilot tools/ ammo types the other team will be bringing. For example if I see the enemy gunners/gungineers taking charged/greased instead of heavy for the gat I will hang back at optimal heavy clip gat range. Also if the enemy captains are taking hydrogen I may swap to chute vent in order to make escaping easier.

Offline Thaago

• Salutes: 12
    • [FALC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2013, 01:59:41 pm »
I can see this being useful, but I can also see it being abused -> captains refusing to ready until their crew take exactly what they want. Not usually a problem, but lots of people are unresponsive so the game just won't start.

I would like this to be just for your own crew - tools are the only surprise we have and I like that as a pilot.

Offline Moo

• Salutes: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2013, 02:32:22 pm »
Unresponsive people delaying matches starting already happens. If they are unresponsive but could be seen to have selected the loadout that was requested, or maybe even had it to begin with, it'd mean quicker rather than slower starting. There's also the times when people say they have one thing and actually take something else...
And yes, no real need for members of other crews to see what you have.