Author Topic: The New Competitive Scene  (Read 54559 times)

Offline Morbie

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 22
    • [Sexy]
    • View Profile
Re: The New Competitive Scene
« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2013, 11:35:52 pm »
Right, all the points are in from the week so far. Ducks have managed to cap out at 5! Merry Men have 1 point, and BFS are also on 1 point

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 11, 2013, 03:34:05 am »
Alright,

Truly, I hate to be a stickler for some things, but I would really like to see some sort of competitive system succeed, and as it stands right now, I'm scared. There is no record of any skirmishes (with the exception of Ducks v. Cake) to tell me if these points are justified or not. I understand that the points for MM, BFS, and 1 of the Ducks (which I need to address later) are from Cogs, but I have no record of any of the previous Duck skirmishes nor our own, to reference back later. Now, in regards to the Paddling's victory over the Brood, I was under the assumption, that the team that they signed up with was the "Ducks", and none further. Shouldn't this point be excluded due to the fact that there was only one "team" playing? I want to stress that I really, really, really want some form of competitive system in place, so that we can see the type of high level play that you cannot see in regular matches. That being said, I would like to offer any assistance I can possibly give to help the cause. I also apologize for any feelings that may have been hurt with this post, as that is not it's intent. I am merely trying to make sure that all rules are understood and followed.

Thanks,
Shinkurex

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 11, 2013, 09:31:29 am »
Yeah, why weren't the other Duck scrimmages recorded in there? That's something that should get fixed.

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2013, 12:35:49 pm »
I was going to reply last night and then I saw the other scrims aren't in there so I figured I would wait for a more alpha duck

Offline Morbie

• CA Mod
    • [Sexy]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2013, 07:58:02 pm »
Hey there guys, just wanted to address why the points are in there and there is a general lack of anything in the record sheet. Whenever we get an email from one of these skirmishes with a screenshot, we go in, and add the point to the total. The only reason we haven't recorded all the skirmishes is that over half of them have been done on the spot with no planning. Thus we don't have the info. We do, however, have screenshot proof of this, and we're using these to tally that. As this seems to be an issue, I have added in the teams involved in the other games that the ducks have played.
Regarding multiple duck teams in the cogs (or other tournaments), we have taken this into account, and who are we to stop people from wanting to play the game as a team? The system in place to stop farming is that if one clan has multiple teams, but only want one point total (like the ducks) then they will only get points from the team that scores the most points.

Offline Morbie

• CA Mod
    • [Sexy]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 12, 2013, 12:17:21 am »
A heads up to everyone involved that it is now 00:15 Monday EST. That means week 2 has started. No confusion about this, you have from now until 12:00 Sunday night EST to accumulate those points for week 2.
Happy flying everyone

Offline Morbie

• CA Mod
    • [Sexy]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 12, 2013, 09:11:15 pm »
I've had a few questions regarding the point cap and underdog points. I've added the sub-clause into the rule set, but to clarify I will repeat it here.
"The exception to the point cap is through underdog points. Through these a team can theoretically gain 10 points in one week, and thus take the lead in points."
So with the ducks currently in the lead, there are some serious points up for grabs right now.

Offline asdfpony

• Salutes: 0
    • [BFS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 14, 2013, 02:23:14 am »
would it be possible to make the screenshots public?
I would like to have some more information about the individual games.

Offline Morbie

• CA Mod
    • [Sexy]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 14, 2013, 04:27:50 am »
would it be possible to make the screenshots public?
I would like to have some more information about the individual games.
That we can! I'm just trying to find the best way to do this at this current time. Hopefully we can integrate it into the upcoming addition to the website in the long run.

Offline Morbie

• CA Mod
    • [Sexy]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 14, 2013, 10:36:57 pm »
Right, you can view all the match wins here http://imgur.com/a/NoJdA
Note that this is an album for week 2 wins, and will be updated as we go.
We'll continue to use imgur albums for now, and each game in the skirmish record will have a direct link, or links to the images.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 17, 2013, 11:53:37 pm »
So to account for Cogs today...

+2 to Ducks
+1 to Gentleguard
+1 to PaFa (then again, they aren't listed)

And then Ducks also won a scrim against OVW and one against Cake, I think. Have pictures been sent in for those?

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 18, 2013, 12:00:22 am »
I think we only get one for Cogs but we should have maxed out on points anyways since we won a scrim against gents, pafa and musausaurs as well this week.

Offline Squash

• Salutes: 71
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 18, 2013, 01:27:55 am »
Yeah we only get one point from Cogs, but we did hit our 5 point total.

Offline Morbie

• CA Mod
    • [Sexy]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 20, 2013, 03:11:10 am »
Alrighty guys, I've added the results from day 1 of the Flotsam Dynasty Campaign to the leaderboard.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 20, 2013, 11:18:57 am »
We really need to get the clans/teams with points to sign up on there. Apart from it just looking sketchy, we lack contact data in case we want to try getting scrims.