Author Topic: Pilot training session 6th August 12pm - 2pm GMT+0  (Read 4622 times)

Offline Calico Jack

• Salutes: 25
    • [2620]
    • View Profile
Pilot training session 6th August 12pm - 2pm GMT+0
« on: August 05, 2013, 06:56:08 am »
I ran one of these about a week ago and it was quite successful - I'd love some help as trying to run a 2v2 is like grabbing a bar of wet soap at times :D

Also by sheer chance one of the players involved in the last one took screenshots - given how much people like to see themselves in game related media I think it's a good way to advertise what we're doing on the steam hub.

I'd also like to share some things I've learned running these

1) use Form Crew - if undermanned this gets round the problems of "Go! GO! GO!"ers trying to hijack the match and players joining expecting a regular match - caveat though - on a busy session you can end up with 4 crews but you'll have to leave the crew formation lobby to set up a 2v2 - make sure everyone is on the same page about how to join the 2v2

2) Use party chat for the captains - allows you to cross comm during matches - ideally getting everyone on party chat is a good idea but isn't sustainable over several matches as people leave and join the match without significantly bogging down the proceedings.

btw how can I get trainer level access to the Steam group?