Author Topic: "Both fickle dwarves jinx my pig" The mystery solved!  (Read 7389 times)

Offline James T. Kirk

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 182
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
    • The Cake Official Website!
"Both fickle dwarves jinx my pig" The mystery solved!
« on: August 02, 2013, 01:19:34 pm »
Ladies and gentlemen of the Guns of Icarus community, I present to you this thread.
https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,1752.0.html

Upon a quick skim, one can see that a user has found a glitch in the system revealing an interesting ship name placeholder.

Go ahead, go see what it is, I'll be here when you get back.

Mods, CAs, and users alike seem perplexed by the strange text.

Of course, Muse has always been creative with their placeholder names (As showcased by the PlayerHasAVeryLongName "account" many of us have seen in the Social tab), but this one seems extremely random and odd.

"Both fickle dwarves jinx my pig" appears to be Muse's attempt at a near-perfect pangram.

A pangram is a sentence containing every letter in the alphabet (The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog), and a perfect pangram is a sentence containing every letter AND is ONLY 26 letters long. Most of these are nonsensical (Squdgy fez, blank jimp crwth vox!)

Muse's pangram contains exactly 26 letters and contains almost every letter in the alphabet (Excluding Q, U, and Z, which are replaced by an extra E and two extra I's).

Adding the word "quiz" somewhere puts the letter-cap up to 30, but includes the missing letters with minimum extraneous letters.

Logically speaking, this could have been used as a test to make sure all the letters worked in the ship name slot without simply typing ABCD... etc. But in reality, I'm sure they just wanted a funny placeholder in the coding.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to request a name change to "Captain Sherlock Holmes"

Offline Zenark

• Salutes: 41
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
Re: "Both fickle dwarves jinx my pig" The mystery solved!
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 01:32:26 pm »
Brilliant.  *Slow clap*

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 01:36:27 pm »

Offline RomanKar

• Salutes: 14
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 04:36:54 pm »
SAMMY!!!

SALUTE!!!

Offline -Muse- Cullen

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 47
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2013, 03:02:15 am »
I am not complicated... but a challenge.

I expect to see more of you, Mr. Kirk.