Author Topic: Is it just me or...  (Read 32580 times)

Offline Zenark

• Salutes: 41
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
Re: Is it just me or...
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2013, 03:08:19 pm »
The Pyramidion is not 'easy' to pilot, but, in my opinion, is the easiest to crew and maintain. Only one engineer is needed to keep the hull and engines running, and they're so close together, it's not a terribly hard job. The other two crew members both just focus on gunning; one of them having to keep the balloon in check. The gunners don't have to account for ship movement to throw off their shots since the guns are on the front.

The Pyra is the only ship where one engineer can repair all three engines in less than three seconds (minus the Galleon when you jump on the ledge). Low levels can better operate on a Pyramidion instead of, say, a Squid or Mobula.

Easy to gun, easy to repair, easy to stay on target, very fast, high armor and hull, small balloon, ramming ability... The Pyramidion really only has one weakness, and that's it's turning and vertical movement which can be overcome with pilot tools.

TL;DR: Pyramidion is the easiest ship.

Offline MasX

• Salutes: 26
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2013, 12:20:11 pm »
pyra is a well designed ship with lil to no draw backs. easy to engineer  easy to fly  once you get the hang of turn     good speed
every other ship has a downside to it but not the pyra    gets boring after awhile  tho

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2013, 02:26:18 pm »
It's got an enormous blind spot.

It turns excruciatingly slowly.

It rises and falls like a hill in Belgium.

It doesn't take hits as well as you'd think.

It doesn't have that extra gun like the Junker (a.k.a. one of the big reasons the Junker is arguably the best ship in the game).

The hull hitbox is enormous.

That spike at the front can often block the ship's own shots.

The engines are grouped together, and despite the benefit that comes with that, it also makes them prime targets for the Artemis.

So no. Absolutely no drawbacks at all.

Offline FailCtrl

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2013, 03:01:11 pm »
I like the pyrmadillon but I found the Galleon to be more fun to play and better if you got the right crew to it. On the left side you can put a real heavy burst that can quite easily win a fight if all three (two heavy and one light) cannons are manned at a medium to short range so long as you stay out of flamethrowers range. On the right side I usually have more long ranged cannons so I circle far away enemies clockwise and closer ones counter-clockwise

Offline MasX

• Salutes: 26
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2013, 03:09:27 pm »
It's got an enormous blind spot.

It turns excruciatingly slowly.

It rises and falls like a hill in Belgium.

It doesn't take hits as well as you'd think.

It doesn't have that extra gun like the Junker (a.k.a. one of the big reasons the Junker is arguably the best ship in the game).

The hull hitbox is enormous.

That spike at the front can often block the ship's own shots.

The engines are grouped together, and despite the benefit that comes with that, it also makes them prime targets for the Artemis.

So no. Absolutely no drawbacks at all.

every ship has a blind spot  turning I agree with  the other things  aren't a game change if u know how to pilot correctly