Author Topic: New Class idea [Buccaneer]  (Read 5519 times)

Offline FailCtrl

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
New Class idea [Buccaneer]
« on: August 10, 2013, 02:55:50 pm »
I just started playing GoI the other day and played quite a lot.
I loved the concept of taking ship battles to the sky and I love the game so far because the gameplay and the way you control a character instead of a gun or a ship is really immersive even for a multiplayer game.

There was one thing I thought was missing though that would have suited well in with both the character gameplay and the ship to ship battles. I speak of course of boardings. Since this would be a new element to the game I suggest it to be implemented as a new class just like the other three (current) elements are (steering, repairs and shooting).

Boarding would give each existing class one slot to pick a boarding tool from the Buccaneer section and the new class would get to pick three tools.

Tools in the Buccaneer section:

Shank: A knife that any player aboard a enemy ship will automatically get. Hitting an enemy with the Shank will temporarily disable them and hitting an engine, ballon etc would damage them.

Sword: Like a shank but disables for longer and damages more. Any enemy hit with sword aboard ones own ship will go into the "black stasis" and return to ones ship.

Torch: used to set things on fire as well as damage them a little. Does not affect players.

Grapling hook: Can be thrown and used to swing/climb over to enemy ship. If player does not swing over it can be used to brake enemy ship for a little while similar to javelin.

Parachute/glider: Can be used whilst in the air (with cooldown) to glide onto enemy ships.

Any ideas or opinions on the concept. What seems good/bad? Any ideas of more tools for Buccaneers?

Offline Pickle

• Salutes: 42
    • [AeBr]
    • View Profile
Re: New Class idea [Buccaneer]
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 03:22:12 pm »
No boarding.  Ever.

It's in the FAQ.

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 03:26:05 pm »
There will never be boarding, Muse has talked about this, we've had over a year to discuss this, there will be no boarding, ever. Never speak of this again.

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2013, 04:16:25 pm »
Locked for reasons stated above.