Author Topic: GoIO VN Project  (Read 66209 times)

Offline Keon

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 105
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: GoIO VN Project
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2013, 10:42:25 am »
Neutral arc won't be tough but we should iron that out before we go nuts about the girls. If we are having 4 different cultures coming together at one point then we'll need to think of a place in the world where there could be neutrality. I'll see about fleshing out a little more of that concept I was drawing from Broken Blade. Maybe I'll get more ideas about it if I start writing it. Is usually how I work it out on other projects.

So...6 months to a few years for opening arc, and we need more adult characters to fit the art. K, that is a good enough idea to start from. I'll post later when I have something.

Burning Skies Salooon.

What more can I say? It's the start of many a rp-player's carreer.

Offline Gryphos

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2013, 10:48:24 am »
Just posted my idea for an arc on the doc.

Offline Wazulu

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 39
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2013, 01:29:23 pm »
Yeah, to elaborate- Anvala hates outsiders. They're the kinda folks that shoot first and then inspect the corpse after dinner. According to it's page it's 'constantly under siege'. Cathedral's a key trade hub between Yesha and the Eastern Factions, and so they'll be a more valid reason for a Yeshan, an Arashi, a Chaladonian and an Anglean to be there, rather than in Anvala, where they'll all be stared at. Case in point- a Yeshan military vessel isn't going to get within 10km of Anvala without getting shot down, let alone inside and chatting in a pub.

Cathedral also has a Guild Hall, and it's the main link to the trans-ocean trade route (Southern), so having any Mercantile Guild arcs will be really easy. I think one of the main problems is just thinking of why the main character and the arc characters will meet in the first place. The only faction I have trouble putting in Cathedral is Arashi, because even though they're nomadic and scavengers they won't come up that far North, unless they're looking for something in particular (visit to Paritus, perhaps).

Edit: No worries Gilder, I've had confirmation from Jess saying that Cathedral was a trade hub way back in my old Anvala thread, and from the Anvalan page you tell it's anti-foreigner. The speculation comes from the location, while added notes (from the Guild page) say that it has a Guild Hall there to boot. That and it's the center of several trade routes- Yesha to Chaladon, Yesha to Baronies, Anglea to Guild, Guild to anything North of the Wastes. The only routes it hasn't got are Yesha to Anglea and perhaps Yesha to Guild

The Yesha to Guild is a tough one, as I imagine the less valuable goods travel direct, while the expensive ones are shipped over the ocean, as to avoid the League.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 01:39:28 pm by Wazulu »

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2013, 04:39:50 pm »
That gives a better idea. It isn't a perfect hub but enough is there to draw some ideas on.

Offline Qwerty Kun

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 23
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2013, 02:08:04 am »
Gryphos I love your arc, bloody great. Under each arc I have added a comments section for others. Please leave your name and what you think of the proposed story. Also we need some more proposed arcs :P Or it's going to just be me and gryphos's ideas :P

• [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2013, 06:17:37 am »
I kinda added a bunch. Ideas for opening arc and ideas for all 4 girls. Haven't cross referenced it entirely with lore, just a rough draft idea.

Offline Gryphos

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2013, 06:30:08 am »
I think those are some great ideas Gilder. Now the only idea someone hasn't done is Arashi.

Offline Wazulu

• Community Ambassador
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2013, 07:45:26 am »
I thank whoever wrote these new arcs for reading through the lore. Lots of nice stuff. I have a lot of detail I can pump into those arcs so they fill out- For example, on the Guild Arc The Arashi vs Guild airbattle, the main goods they'd be carrying would be minerals mined from the Yeshan mountains. Oh, and if you want an excuse to go to Anglea, you're either dealing in food or in Pre-War Tech. Chaladon and Yesha will be trading either ships for food or minerals for food. The other flipside to Chaladon is they're pretty worried that their superior technology will put humanity back onto the path of The Great War- they're kind of for 'the balance of nature' and giving their bio tech out would again reform the plant to humanity's needs. For instance- the Burren is a complete Dead Earth zone because of an extreme Scorched Earth campaign carried out by gunship between 0AB and 100AB (AC130, as opposed to Galleon, mind.)

Offline Qwerty Kun

• CA Mod
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2013, 07:46:56 am »
Bloody brilliant holy hell.

Allright with a few ideas I think we need to start a skype chat or something, a chat that is a bit more instant so we can decide on our plots and pick them apart.

After the arcs section could everyone just drop their skype details? that would be great :D

Edit - Holy shit Wazulu thanks for getting on board with this :D This lore is going to help so much

• [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2013, 07:51:28 am »
Stuck with the 4 main nations for this since it fit the premise of the neutral arc. If there was such an event in Cathedral I doubt Anglean or Arashi would be really invited. Bad blood between the Guild and all plus Anglea being raiders and such.

Anglean and Arashi could be added later as a bonus, as well as a crew member arc. They wouldn't need to have a beginning in the neutral arcs but you could only access them via the others so they'd be a hidden side story that you'd have to trigger certain events to find. Think BlazBlue CS2 where you have gag sidestories and such that you can find if you change certain choices.

If you notice Anglean vessels do cross over into the other stories as well as Arashi. Storylines for these girls could be simpler and shorter. Doesn't mean they can't be good. But you'd miss the huge neutral arc build up with them.

Offline Wazulu

• Community Ambassador
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2013, 08:12:51 am »
I loved the entire Taokaka line in BlazBlue. That and the whole 'Teach me Miss Litchi' series. As well as Bang, actually. Those support characters were pretty well done.

Actually, you could have an Arashi vs Anglean vs Chaladon arc if you so wanted. Everybody's wanting Pre-War Tech (Anglean wants to make war machines, Chaladon improve quality of life and it depends on personal motives for Arashi) and I can see a Paritan Rumble happening. Still, it's a stretch as finding Arashi that far north...is hard to justify. Except you could just go 'But it's Paritan!' and whine until people stop complaining. Theoretically, if you were mad enough and went over the Wastes you could do it from the League. Would be a chance to put in a very selfish and obsessed captain character, easy antagonist. Also lots of themes we've been talking about- return to war, human nature, etc.

Offline Gryphos

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2013, 08:15:07 am »
Except you could just go 'But it's Paritan!'
*Paritus

Also, we do know that the Arashi will at least sometimes go as far as Flayed hills, which, if anything, is even harder to get to than Paritus, making them go straight through Yesha to get there.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 08:19:42 am by Gryphos Fellsummer »

Offline Wazulu

• Community Ambassador
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2013, 08:17:44 am »
As in Paritan tech, rather than the place- for instance, Gabriel's Icarus? He didn't build most of that. That thing is salvaged, as even with current aerostat tech we can't lift anything more than half the size of it. Mind, this is circa 100 After Gabriel.

EDIT- that's an unofficial time stamp, I just made that up. technically we'd be around (and around is the key word as I haven't specifically researched this yet) 300AB

Offline Sgt. Spoon

• Salutes: 112
    • [Keno]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2013, 12:48:00 pm »
You're pretty much right on both of those:
The Flight of the Icarus was in 212 AB. The present day is 299 AB.

Offline Qwerty Kun

• CA Mod
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2013, 08:48:24 pm »
Hey all,

Great update to the music part of the document, would be great if you could all check it out and drop a few lines.

Additionally we should probably look at setting up a skype CALL at some point so we can discuss and finalise our narrative arcs so they can actually get written.

Cheers,

Qwerty