Author Topic: Badges  (Read 6954 times)

Offline Demigo

• Salutes: 3
    • [URG]
    • View Profile
    • Unknown Random Guys
Badges
« on: July 25, 2013, 08:16:50 am »
I'm not quite sure where to put this thread so I'm putting it here.

When ever a team wins a tournament they either get a fancy outfit or a new game. Although this is nice there is no real way to show your win in game. I personally would love to see badges for at least the winners. That way those participating have something to aim for which they can show off to everyone that isn't purchasable. It also serves as a reminder to those who play that they did win this tournament or whatever.

There was more I was gonna say but I think it was a bad idea to try and post this right after I woke up. :P

Offline Plasmarobo

• Salutes: 41
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: Badges
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 09:05:54 am »
I think optional profile badges would not be a bad idea! Kind of like the CA badge.

But honestly I'm okay with just bragging to other people about it :)

Offline Seamus S

• Salutes: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 12:32:33 pm »
Obligatory "We don't need no stinking badges" reference.

Offline Sgt. Spoon

• Salutes: 112
    • [Keno]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 04:31:56 pm »
Interesting idea. Actually, I think Spaceman, Hindenberg + crew were supposed to get a special badge for them winning the first official tournament, Thunderdunes. Don't know if that ever happened though.

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 06:24:04 am »
Interesting idea. Actually, I think Spaceman, Hindenberg + crew were supposed to get a special badge for them winning the first official tournament, Thunderdunes. Don't know if that ever happened though.

I remember that, good times, though I didn't participate.

Offline Morblitz

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 35
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2013, 08:23:12 pm »
Badges would actually be pretty neat. Especially something that you could wear in game. Like a pin/badge slot. It might go on both your costume and/or your game profile or forum profile?

Offline Demigo

• Salutes: 3
    • [URG]
    • View Profile
    • Unknown Random Guys
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2013, 09:25:17 pm »
Badges would actually be pretty neat. Especially something that you could wear in game. Like a pin/badge slot. It might go on both your costume and/or your game profile or forum profile?

I especially like the idea of wearing a badge in game and having it on the forum! That would be amazing!

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2013, 12:59:31 am »
Man could you imagine if tournament winners got some sort of special wearable?  It would definitely make the competitive scene way more intense.