Author Topic: ship design thread  (Read 23277 times)

Offline Mattisamo

• Salutes: 12
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
Re: ship design thread
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2013, 02:01:07 pm »
Remember this ship?

That's the Geirr. As you might read I decided to try and make something with the thing, because it's cool.

And, I did. But the guy who made the ship didn't respond to anything I wrote to him so it's just left at a state of... Model.

Here, have a look anyway.

Right here.

Any suggestions/take overs/other stuffs can be PM:d to me.

Offline Nerfarius

• Salutes: 0
    • [KI]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2013, 06:34:19 pm »
Hey guys! :)

I've also been tinkering on some ship plan.
It's called the Skid and I'd say it's a somewhat smaller galleon or maybe a pyramidion in disguise - take a look at the attachment.
The only thing I'm unsure about, is that light weapon slot on the right side. It could be interesting to leave this ship barely armed to the sides.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to your feedback

Nerfarius

Offline Captain Phil

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 13
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2013, 03:35:46 pm »
Lot of sweet ships here, think I have a carrier design somewhere in the forums (if you find it do not post on it), but I really like that hydra concept.

Offline Gorath

• Salutes: 8
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2013, 03:43:01 pm »
Lot of sweet ships here, think I have a carrier design somewhere in the forums (if you find it do not post on it), but I really like that hydra concept.

Thanks Phil, appreciate the feedback. I was at work the other day and was thinking, "It would be really sweet, if..." and drew it up later that day. I kind of want to make a more finished drawing of it.

Offline LordFunPants

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 49
    • [LFP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2013, 07:26:18 pm »
*DISCLAIMER! - just cause i'm having fun with a making my own "fan made ship design" doesn't mean this is an actual ship! *

with that said, the dude who makes our music wanted me to concept art a "Trilobite ship", and so not to long ago i quickly sketched up this guy on the fly. stats wise i'm thinking 1 medium guns on either side, small gun on the front. relatively agile for a ship carrying medium guns, probably the most agile if anything. probably average hull/armor.  mind you i have been wanting to push a ship with medium guns on it for the soul reason that we have a 4/3 split versus ships with out medium guns and those with. also i wouldn't call it a the trilobite or something, i've made to many sea creature based ships soooo probably "Crossbow", it was  a name i liked alot while people where coming up with possible mobula names! i actually dont really like the layout i left this off with mind you. . . not enough platforming potential!

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2013, 11:44:27 am »
Something a little different.

Medium assault flanking ship. The design of this ship is meant to fill the gap between the Galleon and Goldfish, where as one is full side assault, and the other is full frontal assault. This ship has its main firepower concentrated at about 45 degrees, and is weak to both frontal and side attacks.  Has no guns with a 'good' forward or reverse angles, as well as poor crossover relative to each 'wing'. Good coverage to the front left and rear right with a medium and light gun with good crossover. Light coverage to the rear left and front right with one light gun each. Poor gun coverage directly to the sides.

Due to the odd gun placements, one turning engine faces forwards.  Widely spread turning engines give the ship a very rapid rotation. The engine and gun spacing make repairs more difficult as well. 'Wing' platforms create a lot of vertical drag, making for slow vertical maneuvering. Speed is average.

The balloon under the main deck is hollow, and houses either the hull or balloon, with the entrance port on the left side behind the ladder. The other point (hull or balloon) is on the main deck directly over the lower one. Access the the main engine is also through the narrow tunnel through the balloon. Helm is offset to the right of the top deck.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 11:55:04 am by Richard LeMoon »

Offline Sgt. Spoon

• Salutes: 112
    • [Keno]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2013, 03:25:21 pm »
huh interesting asymmetrical design there. I wouldn't mind some really fast-turning ships.

and Funpants, I'm sure we all long for more medium weapon ships. Probably a bitch to balance a quite agile one though, haha. Really liking the design as well.

Offline LordFunPants

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 49
    • [LFP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2013, 03:55:29 pm »
Probably a bitch to balance a quite agile one though, haha.

this is why i throw in vague stats:P if i did have the ability to make a ship this instance, it would indeed bit an "agile medium gun" ship of some kind. . . i was even thinking at one point a ship that has nothing but medium guns and no small guns. . but the "problem" with that is then i have to go ahead and make a crap ton of good medium guns to compensate :P

Offline Sgt. Spoon

• Salutes: 112
    • [Keno]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2013, 04:00:50 pm »
...but the "problem" with that is then i have to go ahead and make a crap ton of good medium guns to compensate :P

sounds like a good deal to me ;P