Author Topic: Papa P's Post Analysis COGs Season 2 Week 2  (Read 6373 times)

Offline Papa Paradox

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 31
    • [CA]
    • View Profile
    • Wind and Thunder Gaming
Papa P's Post Analysis COGs Season 2 Week 2
« on: July 27, 2013, 02:41:28 am »
Heeeeelllllllllloooooo ladies and gentlemen, managed to keep it short this week!! MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nEgWPAspPc&feature=youtu.be

I've analyzed four games for your viewing pleasure:

Aurora vs. Falconeers
Aurora vs. Sky Badgers
RAFT vs. Polaris
Paddling vs. Black Flight Squadron

Let us talk about the BAMFs of the week: SMOLLETT & CREW
For weird superhuman crew synergy.

Like, comment, subscribe, all that jazz, more in the future...

Check me out on twitter @WATGaming I'll start announcing videos on Twitter as well.

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Papa P's Post Analysis COGs Season 2 Week 2
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2013, 03:15:08 am »
I was just now sitting down to watch the film we got on NAF, this is fantastic, can't wait to finish watching.

Offline Papa Paradox

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 31
    • [CA]
    • View Profile
    • Wind and Thunder Gaming
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2013, 04:20:42 am »
Thanks, tell the other ducks in the pond ;P

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2013, 12:11:43 pm »
Concerning the two buff engineer setup. That is actually very common among three engineer ships. I'm 96% every duck ship had that set up, even Squash's galleon as Squash now a days goes engineer on that ship. I remember doing that when I joined the Brood (for proof go to 55:53 ) and I feel like Smollet I remember Smollet dinkning around with it around the same time. What you will often see is what I call hybriding wherein one engineer is a "pipe buff" which is the common buff engineer with the pipe wrench and a fire tool, and the second buff engineer is a "mallet spanner buff" which is self explanatory.

BFS ran with two of the later on the Kusanagi, only having the one fire extinguisher on my ship. They clearly weren't too worried about fires.

My Junker build has the hybrid setup. I keep the mallet spanner buff, down stairs as it is fairly easy for me to call off my primary engineer to put jump down once out of engagements and end the fires, also it allows for quick rebuilds on my lower deck guns which are generally the more important guns on a Junker. The pipe wrench one stays upstairs as I always want an extinguisher near my balloon and I do help repair and and rebuild the balloon with my own pipe wrench.

This setup allows me to basically have all my engines, balloon, and armor to be pre-buffed and buffed as well as allow for the guns to be pre-buffed, both buffers can help witht he armor so the buff stays up. Basically my ship is stronger, faster, and harder than it has any right to naturally be.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2013, 01:35:13 pm »
Yeah, Raft runs double buffers on both ships too.

I honestly can't say I'm a fan of the half-hour format. Too many cuts need to be made to accommodate for it. You really skimmed over our match... There was more narration going on than actual analysis in that one.

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2013, 12:42:23 am »
Finally got a chance to watch this since I'm just now able to take a break from Cogs training. 

Really good and insightful analysis as always, though I think I agree that I would have liked even more.  With 4 matches packing so much action I believe 45 minutes would be totally appropriate.

Thanks for the Bamf shout out to me and my crew.  As always this is one of my favorite parts of the Cogs.  Can't wait to see this week's analysis.