Author Topic: Moonshine vs Kerosene  (Read 16463 times)

Offline Calico Jack

• Salutes: 25
    • [2620]
    • View Profile
Re: Moonshine vs Kerosene
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2013, 02:33:54 am »
Just out of curiosity Calico, What buffs do you use as a pilot?

for the pyra I use Claw, Kerosene and Hydrogen as a defensive measure. Hydrogen pulls you up above ships and often gun arcs if cllose in and I use the mortar on the front which can fire down.

Try experimenting with lochnagar ammo with the mercuries - the guns will go down but it might give you the tipping point for the ram close in.

Offline MerkQT

• Salutes: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2013, 02:37:13 am »
Same as us at the moment :D

I'll give the lochnagar ammo a shot, as the only gunner should I pick it up and have the Gungineer use charged shots?

EDIT: I feel like I may be asking to be spoonfed a bit with this questions, I think it may be better for us to just trial and error and learn from that.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 02:42:01 am by MerkQT »

Offline Mill Wilkinson

• Salutes: 24
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2013, 07:38:26 am »
Nono, I think curiosity is rewarded. I think I should've asked more questions when I started playing, but it is true some tactics are custom-built for the style of certain players.
Still, hoping not to be on the receiving end of your rams now. :D

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2013, 09:31:11 am »
And since you were asking earlier: using moonshine while being rammed will hold you straight, yes.

Offline MerkQT

• Salutes: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2013, 08:09:53 pm »
Thanks guys,

We tried out moonshine and were pleasantly surprised by it's effectiveness in dishing out damage. Everything that was mentioned beforehand in this thread turned out to be very accurate, our pilot accidentally missed a few rams from being unable to turn as hard as normal and we lost a few engines due to the extra stress. However we managed to absolutely destroy a spire four times in a short span and win us the match in one of our test matches.

Our engineer noted how hard it is to actually keep engines going while moonshine is active, but I think he came to the conclusion that he's happy with the results but our pilot is still iffy on the whole thing. It's up to him ultimately in what he uses, but I could tell he had a blast utterly destroying a ship after a full speed ram.

Regarding the mercury guns, we both ended up taking charged shots and I don't think we will ever go back. Being able to snipe out the engines before collision made our final games walks in the park.

And Mill, if we meet in game, I hope it's on the same team! We could work out some awesome combos and win 5-0 :D

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2013, 08:11:31 pm »
Don't forget it's best to cycle Moonshine on and off with a careful eye on the engines.  If they ever get below 60% health your pilot should turn it off and let the engi catch up.

Offline Surette

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 24
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Personal homepage
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2013, 04:27:01 pm »
Don't forget it's best to cycle Moonshine on and off with a careful eye on the engines.  If they ever get below 60% health your pilot should turn it off and let the engi catch up.
Yeah, it's easy to keep engines up while kerosene is left on, but moonshine is meant to be used in short bursts, not to just be left on. That way you still get its effectiveness and your engineer is able to keep up your engines as well.