Author Topic: Weather system.  (Read 17004 times)

Offline KilikGaia

• Salutes: 0
    • [SDN]
    • View Profile
Weather system.
« on: July 25, 2013, 01:00:52 pm »
I was thinking adding weather elements to the adventure mode in the future wound pretty cool. Kind of like sailors out in the open seas have to deal with larges waves or icey oceans why not have some weather in the sky add to the exteme of this game. I can image myself now fighting in the open skys then bam run into a thunder storm and be like crew this is about to stormy lol Thunder strikes on the deck crew wildly countering a incoming enemy anything to add to heighthen sence of danger so that players wound stay surpise. Anyways feel free to add more to my little idea. It's just a suggestion. Ethier way I still enjoy this mmo.

Offline KilikGaia

• [SDN]
    • View Profile
Re: Weather system.
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 07:29:19 pm »
Bumpage!

Offline Zormac

• Salutes: 3
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 09:28:08 pm »
I think this is an awesome idea. Weather could be a voted option during lobby where people click a checkbox and if more than 50% checked it, there's weather.

If not weather, at least dynamic wind.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 03:17:22 am »
I'm always a fan of weather in games. In fact, some games I haven't bought cause they lacked it. Most of those racing games mind you and most Gran Turismo. After you were blown away by rain effects in the old Le Mans Dreamcast, you ponder the reasons why devs spent millions on realistic pavement.

Think we need more personal controls over gametypes and such before we get weather. Need something to set the stage. The ability to set map rotations and maybe mutators for gametype variations would be great. Then add in a weather option would just seal the deal. You can bet on my server, every map is rain or snow and totally in the dark! Because...passive sonar must die and...I want to see the flash from every gun barrel light up the night followed by explosions and screams as the other ship erupts into a fireball before quickly silenced. And then...there is...the night wind...woooooooooo :D
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 03:21:44 am by Gilder de Unfettered »

Offline Machiavelliest

• Salutes: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 05:34:11 am »
Weather is one of the most terrifying elements of flying.  Being struck by lightning can either be remarkably unremarkable (which was my lucky case) or it rips even modern aircraft into pieces.

Offline KilikGaia

• [SDN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2013, 10:55:24 am »
Awesome love that other players showed the same interist in adding weather knew I wasn't the only one. That was like you know what wound really suck right now hail pounding into our ballon haha.

Offline Saull

• Salutes: 4
    • [☥Ra☼]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2013, 12:28:41 pm »
A map that takes place inside a giant whirlwind. Better learn how to make your airship drift. Also maybe avoid flying debris
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 12:46:04 pm by Saull »

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2013, 01:03:31 am »
Ships with good mobility can control itself easier in such maps. Maybe hail storm weather that makes movement within the ship slower, turning speed slower and blinding when on a distance. And sand storms. Much like the dust clouds we have now but moves across the entire map every 5 min and would last for 1 min every time a storm approaches. Yeah i would love waether.

Offline Duzzyy

• Salutes: 1
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2013, 08:58:11 am »
All though a weather system would be cool, I fell the community wouldn't agree with how the different weather effects different ships and ship parts.

It would be awesome to see hail storms puncture your balloon, strong winds throwing you off course, heavy rain causing crew members to slide around the ship when their moving and really hot temperatures that cause things to burst into fire randomly.

But at the end of the day this will make the RAM usage go up and overall lower some peoples FPS

But this would still be awesome!!!!

Offline Spud Nick

• Salutes: 130
    • [✦✦45]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2013, 09:52:10 am »
I like the idea of weather effecting ships. We could even have a new set of pilot tools to coop with the rough weather we will be facing.

Offline Duzzyy

• [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2013, 10:17:12 am »
You could also have new engineer tools to water proof things or other stuff like that

Offline Captain Phil

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 13
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2013, 02:59:25 pm »
I believe the devs have already released a clip showing off a bit of lightning. In addition to weather, having randomized times of days for each match would also be fun too. Imagine playing battle of the dunes under a moonlit sky.  Or perhaps with both weather and time of days we can be battling in the pitch of night for the capture point during a raging storm and you cannot see 5' from your bow.

Offline Duzzyy

• [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2013, 06:26:44 pm »
Oh god, the guy who flies for me isn't the best and I don't think I could keep up with all the hull repairs from his crashing if it was night and the middle of a storm.

And just thinking about the map in the middle of the city and the canyon makes me regret being an engineer

Offline Nidh

• Salutes: 16
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2013, 07:01:35 pm »
"Clear skies do not good sailors make!"

Offline Duzzyy

• [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2013, 07:04:55 pm »
"Clear skies do not good sailors make!"

I don't trust my friends in clear weather let alone in any other condition else xD