Author Topic: Hydrogen/Chute Vent Damage  (Read 21111 times)

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Hydrogen/Chute Vent Damage
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2013, 03:31:31 pm »
I remember watching that live.  One of the best moments of the tournament.

Watching those ships move like that brought back some fond memories. 

I didn't watch it live, because I happened to be engineering for the allied ship of that unfortunate Goldfish. Still amazing to watch, even though it resulted in us losing our shot at the tournament victory.

The old hydrogen is like the old heavy flak. Tonnes of fun, but it couldn't be left as it was.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2013, 03:35:00 pm »
I'd like to see the old hydrogen back just for the sake of hydrogen uppercuts.

http://youtu.be/PmvEwxlX91I

Skip to 47:50.

I smile every time.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2013, 06:42:20 pm »
You want realism when this game is literally impossible to begin with? Come on. Get real. If this game gets any slower or crappier I'm just going to stop playing entirely. Maybe I should have anyways since we've gone from exciting matches to snipefests and flying clunkers. The speed was not too fast. It felt that way when you first messed with it but after you really got used to it, the speed felt perfect.

Yeah the weights were a mess and wrong but Muse destroyed a perfectly good game. I'm not saying all ships should be able to dogfight but dammit, the squid should be back to it's old glory. It took a hell of a lot of skill to pull it off and it made it possible for that little ship to hold it's own against any other. Heck the Spire was actually better back then too thanks to the tools. Made it possible for it to evade charging ships and survive.

If breaking the game is what it takes to make this game fun again then dammit, BREAK THE GAME!!!

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2013, 06:45:55 pm »
I can see an argument for the squid standing to lose a little weight, but otherwise it all feels right. I don't expect Muse to break the game again either.

Offline Machiavelliest

• Salutes: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2013, 09:33:02 pm »
If this game gets any slower or crappier I'm just going to stop playing entirely.
Is this a continuum?  Can we find a happy medium where you quit bombing people's threads with complaints but don't ragequit the game?  The Squid can still dogfight.  I do it all the time.  And it's a blast.  I would like to see it lose a little mass, but that would turn it into a bouncy ball on collisions.  Maybe a slightly better turn rate.  It's not broken or unusable the way it is.  On topic:

Squids use the vertical tools to evade and engage, Pyramidions to keep an opponent in their gunsights, as well as other applications, but I'd caution OP against using those tools in a Spire.  The Spire is so tall it's not an effective way to evade vertically, and if you use chute vent ... you are going to shatter like a glass knife on the ground.  Buffing a balloon is, especially now, generally preferable to using those tools; I still carry them because I want other components buffed instead.

I don't know how they work with the Mobula and its quick climbs and descents, since I don't fly one.

Offline Calico Jack

• Salutes: 25
    • [2620]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2013, 10:41:48 pm »
I don't know how they work with the Mobula and its quick climbs and descents, since I don't fly one.

I use hydrogen with the mobula, combined with the Claw it's great for turning the tables on a charging pyra.

• [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2013, 10:48:00 pm »
Till Muse stops giving me a reason to voice concerns. It has been a pretty downhill slope with the game since 1.2. As a paying customer who has bought multiple copies of this game for friends/etc and has sunk over 700hrs into this game plus supported the kickstarter, my complaints are valid. I've seen this game go from it's glory days to now. I've seen players who used to play as much as I do, suddenly on less and less while others just stopped playing entirely. I've tried to adjust to changes with the hope that Muse will fix things. Do I want to see the game succeed? Yes, more than ever.

Current squid dogfighting is like watching snails fly. It is a farcry from what it was. What you call dogfighting, I call awkward positioning.

Do you have to follow me around finding ways to confront me Mach?

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2013, 12:34:56 am »
Gilder, if you have concerns, make your own thread concerning changes or email Muse directly. Otherwise, lets keep this on topic. Thanks.

Offline -Muse- Cullen

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 47
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2013, 12:41:30 am »
Till Muse stops giving me a reason to voice concerns.
Please make sure to send concerns to feedback@musegames.com instead of only voicing them on the forums- they might get overlooked and could instead spark arguments with no fruitful results.

• [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2013, 02:48:26 am »
So none of this should even be discussed in forums, we should just spam Muse with endless e-mails? I'd honestly rather not. Usually that is what forums are for. Specially since the issues are all very known and some have been getting addressed, albeit slowly. You guys got better things to do than deal with that.

I have no problem discussing Hydro/Chute. I'm just attempting to relay to players who were not here before 1.2, what they missed. If Mach doesn't like that then thats his problem. He seems to want to incite me, guess he likes that. Whatever. I've made my own threads and gotten demonized or ignored. Personally think a lot are still just sore over the tarcide fiasco. Doesn't matter much to me anymore. I still fly and I let that do the talking in the end.

Offline Machiavelliest

• Salutes: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2013, 05:25:56 am »

I use hydrogen with the mobula, combined with the Claw it's great for turning the tables on a charging pyra.
my iPhone apologizes for the quote pyramid.  How does it fare with vent?  Does it pogo-splode like a Spire?

Offline Calico Jack

• [2620]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2013, 07:38:39 am »
How does it fare with vent?  Does it pogo-splode like a Spire?

tbh I haven't used it with vent chute - strategically it seems a bad choice as it already damages the balloon and impact with the ground will also damage the balloon, and given how fast the hull can go down in that kind of situation... I once got a ram kill on a mobula, it rammed me balloon first while I was in a squid. Hyrdogen on the other hand - if your balloon pops you will at least have some height to do something about it.

Offline Zenark

• Salutes: 41
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2013, 01:25:54 pm »
I'm surprised yall are hitting the ground with chute Vent. I usually use it when I have Carronades; destroying their balloon and falling down with them, but I always end up far enough off the ground that I can wait for the other ship to bounce back up.

Though, I don't spam the decent key, I tap it quickly, as well as the ascent key to always stay just a little lower than they are.

Offline Calico Jack

• [2620]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2013, 02:39:52 pm »
as I say I've never used chute vent in a mobula, so I've never actually popped a balloon with it, however one of the first things I tried on the mobula was to see the effects of hitting the ground, given that it's usually the hull that takes the damage. Given that I also crew with engineers of varying ability I can't rely on having a speedy balloon repair.