Author Topic: So, about those Double Hwachas  (Read 25929 times)

Offline Charon

• Salutes: 95
    • [RAFT]
    • View Profile
Re: So, about those Double Hwachas
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2013, 08:08:47 am »
Well, he's not the first new player to think Hwachas are op as anyone who frequent the forums know.  They're one of those weapons that are brutal on newer players and infrequently used by vets (note how often you see hwachas in competitive play). 

When crews are not organized, don't know the correct priority of repairs and rebuilds and allies fly off to lala land to look at the beautiful maps; any disabling builds, especially hwachas seem overpowered and frustrating to deal with.  Also most newer players won't know the hwacha counter strategies, like how to doge a hwacha shot, how to break a hwacha before it hits your ship and barring that, how to mitigate the damage of a hwacha blast and minimize component breakage when getting hit by one (or 2 in this case).

My best recommendation to you sir would be to fly and crew with high level players and learn from their experience.  If you decide to stick with the game; you'll learn all these tricks and then some and punish the next Galleon foolish enough to think they can win with a double hwacha broadside.
^This.

This is the first time that I've been through this, so all of the accusations against me are simply unnecessary. This game is not friendly to beginners and the Hwacha just makes it very frustrating. Consider what happens if a pilot doesn't notice a Galleon coming up from behind with double Hwachas because they're focused on taking out its partner. Then, a pilot could easily end up in an endless session of Hwacha repairs. This is exactly the problem I had. The weapon is OP simply as a disabler. The critics of this thread are the ones who aren't listening... to me.

Someone hit him with a spanner and see if that does the trick. We're all trying to help you, buddy. The weapon's not overpowered, and if you end up sticking around, you're probably going to want some CA to delete this entire thread for you.

Offline Rainer Zu Fall

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 26
    • [Prof]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2013, 09:21:28 am »
My main point is that my whole crew spent the entire time against this Galleon just repairing since it was reloaded and ready to fire again once our ship was fixed enough to fire back, disabling most of our ship... again. The weapon is simply poor design. It took a while for the Hwachas to destroy our ship, but they were content to wait since we literally couldn't go anywhere.

Sounds like you're blaming the game instead of trying to learn from your experience. I know it's much easier to blame others and not yourself, but you can't get better if you don't place even the slightest fault on yourself. There are numerous things you could have differently that would help you avoid that situation. You could have used a different loadout or ship, you could have controlled your positioning and engage distance better, you could have coordinated with your ally better to get the galleon off you since that galleon definitely isn't going to be killing you quickly...

Just trying to help you, not insult you.

You're basically using polite words to insult me. I've changed ships and loadouts non-stop with this game and I'm still not happy. Don't think for a second that I haven't considered what I'm doing wrong. That's all I've ever thought with this game. You don't know me, so don't try.

So, how can we help you then?

Offline Zenark

• Salutes: 41
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2013, 09:44:04 am »
^Indeed. Us players are willing to offer assistance. What is it that you're asking for, exactly? If you need a strategy to counter a duel Hwacha Galleon, we're offering the knowledge we've learned from fighting one hundreds of times. If you want it nerfed, that's just not going to happen.

Seriously, if you think a double Hwacha Galleon is OP, just wait until a Blenderfish (Goldfish with a medium Carronade on front) gets on your tail and keeps you permanently stuck in an endless cycle of bouncing off the ground. And like the Hwachas, there is a strategy against the Carronade, and the Lumberjack, and everything else. It just takes practice, trial, and error.

Offline Barujin

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2013, 10:27:08 am »
If the whole game is this way, then I'm definitely not playing it. What a frustrating mess of a game. Now I know why it has an average of 7/10 rating on reviews.

Oh, and for the record, I didn't come here looking for gameplay advice at all. I just wanted to complain to the devs about a problem with their game. Now that I know the whole game is that way, why should I bother at all?

Offline Zenark

• Salutes: 41
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2013, 10:42:40 am »
We're not going to try to convince you to play a game you obviously REALLY don't want to play. Your complaint has been noted, go complain to some other game's forum about how their game is broken.

Alright everybody, we have our answer, he's not after advice. I however have benefited from these discussions and am eager to try these tactics out! May I suggest we just keep this as a Hwacha counter strategy topic.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2013, 10:44:59 am »
Topic has been locked, as the conversation has gone full circle.

Feel free to PM me over concerns. Thanks.