Author Topic: Looking for a dock with booze and women.  (Read 8951 times)

Offline Elhazzared

• Salutes: 2
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
Looking for a dock with booze and women.
« on: July 22, 2013, 04:53:35 pm »
Hi, I'm looking for an established clan which can help a new player like me learn the game. I'm from Portugal, so european time. As for times I'm available... Well for the most part I'm available at most times. Usually the time I'm busy is around 10 PM to 1AM GMT which is when I'm recording stuff for my Youtube channel and well, since I'm unemployed that is a job so I take it seriously and don't tend to bum out.

As for why I want a clan. Quite frankly this game doesn't seams to be fun unless you are playing in a team which has a minimal amount of coordination at least.

I am not really looking for an hardcore clan as I am pretty much a casual player myself just looking for some fun.

Offline TracyJackson

• Salutes: 3
    • [TAW]
    • View Profile
    • The Art of Warfare community
Re: Looking for a dock with booze and women.
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 05:19:07 pm »
Ahh well now, I would say TAW is a casual clan and we do have people in Europe who can help you train or whatnot. We got players from Oceanic, NA, and Europe so there is not really a lack of players. The current roster for this game is small, but growing. We do have EU folks who can play with ya and maybe help you out in-game if you need it.

There is a TAW thread a few below yours, or you can check out taw.net and see if we feel like a place you'd fit into.

---
Anyways, I don't much know if we got girls in them or free beer...but heh, you never know  ;D. The Art of Warfare community is over 2350+ active members over more than a dozen games. We have players from more than 15 nations, so you are not the only non-NA player ! The clan was founded in 2001, so we are stable and well administered. We're one of the largest and best organized clan in the world (outside the pro ones), but we're here to play and know gaming is just a hobby

Offline Sailorman

• Salutes: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 11:24:17 pm »
Hey There bro.

I'm not  on a Clan but I have a nice crew with two others Brazilian dudes, if you want to join us for a match  or two, we can teach you the ropes and tricks of the trade, and we can fly some matches while speaking the glorious Portuguese language just send me a message.

We are a easygoing bunch, mostly we chat by skype during matches.

Time can be a bit of a issue, but we can adapt.

Offline Calico Jack

• Salutes: 25
    • [2620]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 11:29:19 pm »
TBH clans aren't the only place to get tips on playing, unlike other communities where everyone is tight mouthed about stuff so you can't get an edge on them, just asking in match lobbies will get you a lot of tips. Crewing with players whose skills you admire is another, observing matches or live streams is another way. There are also training sessions organised by trainers.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 11:30:51 pm by Calico Jack »

Offline Elhazzared

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 08:45:16 am »
Well, I'll give TAW a shot and see if it's a place I'll fit in.

Sailorman, I appreciate the invite but having played other games with brazillian people I know that for the most part the time when you guys get on is usually close to the time I have to stop for a few hours to start working for my Youtube channel and well, to be honest after 1 am, many times I don't find the will to play games that will require any amount of concentration and I am not asking you guys to adapt to my schedule.

Calico, I have no doubts that people try to help in this game and while they might teach me to play it, things are hardly fun when the group is not in voice coms. I belive in this game it's very important that the captain is shouting other people's order, like where will they pass so people know which guns to man, what are the priority repairs and whatnot. That is why I avoid public games. This game is a lot more dependent on teamwork than mobas.

Offline Calico Jack

• Salutes: 25
    • [2620]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 10:01:28 am »
I'm not in a clan but once you play regularly you build up a group of regular players that crew with you and you them.  As to crewing - most captains I know will help you learn the basics - as I say level is a fair indicator of knowledge about the game in general, and this game a has  an exceptional player base.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 10:03:22 am by Calico Jack »

Offline Elhazzared

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2013, 12:11:49 pm »
After taking a look at TAW, and I've given this a good thought I've decided not to join for reasons of my own, I'll just say the group is hardly a casual one for me and it's not what I'm looking for, thus I am still in search for a casual established clan willing to help me out learn the game and well, get one more person to play with them.

As a side note which I forgot to mention earlier, I have both team speak 3 and raidcall as forms of communication.

Offline TracyJackson

• Salutes: 3
    • [TAW]
    • View Profile
    • The Art of Warfare community
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2013, 08:23:53 pm »
I'm sorry that we do not appear to fit you, and we wish you the best and happy gaming !

But TAW is very much a casual clan though. We do have practices and such, but with Guns of Icarus just starting out in our community, we don't actually have any set practices yet. Plus it's more of a come and see what's up kind of practice, meaning you aren't required to play if you just wanna sit in the TS channel to talk, heheh. I'll admit the design of the website might make us look too hardcore and professional, but looks' deceiving.

Good luck in your search !

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 164
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2013, 01:22:08 pm »
because your such a kind person ill make a special short version of my invitation.

bla bla bla bla and so on, and so on.

the flying dutchmen is always happy with players that play alot of guns.

bla bla bla.

hope to see you soon,
captain coldcurse.

SOULSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Offline Elhazzared

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2013, 06:48:56 pm »
Thank you for your invitation but I've been making some games with cake and just joined them... once again thanks for the offer though.