Author Topic: HUD Disabling: Separate Damage Log and Chat  (Read 4651 times)

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
HUD Disabling: Separate Damage Log and Chat
« on: July 21, 2013, 03:04:50 pm »
Often while streaming casters will disable chat (for reasons that should be fairly clear). The problem with that is that the damage log in the top right also gets disabled, which takes away an important source of information from the stream. It'd be great if there could be separate controls to disable each one, instead of having to go for both at once.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: HUD Disabling: Separate Damage Log and Chat
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 04:11:39 pm »
Or it would be great if people wouldn't start spamming the known caster of the matches.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 04:15:50 pm »
Yeah, I used to do that, but I've stopped...

But Polaris went a little bit far with their spam yesterday... It's annoying to watch the recordings without the damage log. There should at least be an option to disable them separately in case this happens again.

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 05:21:31 pm »
I agree with all points presented here.  Stop spamming casters and make an option to disable damage feed and chat independently.

Offline evodoc

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 13
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2013, 06:32:22 pm »
I agree with all points presented here.  Stop spamming casters and make an option to disable damage feed and chat independently.

What do you mean by spamming casters? Sending private messages? If yes, how about a feature of setting status for players? Something similar like there is in instant messaging programs. If it's "available" the chat works as it's now, if it is set to "busy" the private messages are refused or stored and displayed later until the status has been reset to "available" again.