Author Topic: "The Cogs" Week 2  (Read 11346 times)

Offline -Muse- Cullen

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 47
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
"The Cogs" Week 2
« on: July 17, 2013, 06:38:18 pm »
Hey all!

Week 2 of the Cogs is underway! There has been a transfer of leadership; I will be leading the organization of the Cogs from this point forward. Swallow will still be around to do things on Saturdays. Let's get this gravy train rolling!

The only thing that is different this week is that we get to have a Match 1! We have a newcomer vs a newcomer! The Falconeers and Aurora Squadron will be facing off in The Labyrinth.

Match 2 will include the winning team from Match 1, and they will face off against Rugged Men in Canyon Ambush!

Match 3 will place Polaris Company against The Raft in Northern Fjords!

Match 4 will be the champion team, The Paddling, defending their title from the challengers Black Flight Squadron in Paritian Rumble!

The matches will be broadcasted at www.twitch.tv/qwerty2jam
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 01:35:50 pm by -Muse- Cullen »

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
Re: "The Cogs" Week 2
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 08:53:55 pm »
Welcome to the fun Aurora! Hope to see you guys with a great logo so you don't have to fly with a question mark :D. If you need ideas don't hesitate to brainstorm with others!!

Offline Nidh

• Salutes: 16
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2013, 12:49:26 am »
So, the match tomorrow is still at four est correct?

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2013, 01:01:10 am »
Yes as far as I know

Offline Nidh

• [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2013, 02:35:58 am »
Alright, thank you

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2013, 10:38:27 am »
Quote from: Swallow
Most of the teams stream-watch

Well thank you so much for the groundless accusation...

Having a livestream on slows the game down a lot. I've tried playing casual matches while listening to Qwerty's stream (stream was for another match), and all I got out of that was extra lag. In a competitive match, you can't afford to have that. My captain was getting tonnes of rubber banding at the least convenient of times during the game against Polaris, and stream watching would have simply aggravated it. In addition, if we were to listen to said stream, there'd be loads of background noise that would interfere with more important things (I.e. Communication within the team). Plus there's the delay, which makes the information potentially gathered from the stream outdated (please put the delay on at the start next time, Qwerty). All in all, stream watching would be far more trouble than it's worth, and that's why nobody does it.

And there's that thing called fun. We're not just here to win, you know. We want to play fairly.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 11:16:51 am by N-Sunderland »

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2013, 03:54:22 pm »
I don't wanna be overly mean here but if you're stream sniping for a tournament where there's basically nothing on the line but bragging rights, you really need to re-examine your life priorities. It's really one of the most pathetic things you can do.

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2013, 04:11:01 pm »
It really is. I can definitely say that none of the Ducks do it, and I know that most of the other teams are like us: they want to win in a just manner. There's nothing fun about beating an enemy team by spying on them with Twitch. So unless anybody is caught actually doing this (which nobody has been), I think everybody would be happy if such a claim isn't made again.

Offline Squash

• Salutes: 71
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2013, 05:46:51 pm »
Quote from: Swallow
Most of the teams stream-watch

Also, why? I mean we look at the other team's loadout before the match starts, so nothing to learn there, and I don't think we've ever been in a situation where we legitimately didn't know where the other team was. We also know when we do permahull damage to someone, we can tell because we did the damage. What could we possibly gain from it?

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2013, 07:25:21 pm »
Where is that quote from, and why do you guys think he meant only ducks?

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2013, 07:34:16 pm »
I never implied that he only meant Ducks. I stated that I know that Ducks don't do it because that's the only thing I can say with 100% certainty (not that I think that anybody else does it).

The quote is from yesterday's community chat.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 07:35:49 pm by N-Sunderland »

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2013, 07:40:53 pm »
Ah, yea I skipped that. Just seems defensive for something that you guys say you don't do which, from that quote just seems like a groundless claim anyway. The way your post was worded it read like you guys took it personally. I've proven to be bad at judging that though, lol.

At any rate, the lesson of the day was to not forget to put in the delay. Regardless if any teams are or not, it's one of the more important things to remember.

Offline Cpt. Azshes

• Salutes: 2
    • [BDGR]
    • View Profile
    • Sky Badgers Incorporated
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2013, 09:34:32 pm »
To accuse the majority of the teams in the Cogs (which by the way are mostly Ducks at this point xD <3) of stream watching is (whether it was meant to be or not) a verbal slap in the face of all Cogs participants. I understand and agree with Sunderland's post and why he made it in the first place. It is not a post made in defense of a guilty conscience, but in defense of one's honor.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 09:37:50 pm by Cpt. Azshes »

Offline Nidh

• [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2013, 09:54:03 pm »
I can't watch the stream during a match. It's distracting and cause me to lag a lot. I even have to turn the video setting to low or off to get the best performance.

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2013, 04:22:49 pm »
Looking forward to knowing the maps for this week.

(not to sound impatient, but my team really needs as much practice as possible on whichever map it is for when we take on The Paddling)