Author Topic: a heavy gun that shoots 8 harpoons  (Read 5792 times)

Offline bullethose

• Salutes: 2
    • [TAW]
    • View Profile
a heavy gun that shoots 8 harpoons
« on: July 16, 2013, 09:30:01 am »
It can barely move at all, it as you guess shoots eight harpoons the only disadvantage is they go everywhere depending on what distance you are away from the enemy. For example if your were really close and got all of the harpoons in the ship you are not only able to drag them a heap but your able to do twice as much damage than the regular harpoon because these are lighter, slimmer harpoons.

In order to get a shot like this you have to aim for the exact centre of the ship decreasing depending on the ship meaning only high levels gunners will take full advantage of it. IMO the ship that takes most advantage of this is the galleon for you can circle them and have a hwacha disabling everything on their ship.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 09:46:05 am by bullet hose »

Offline Andrej Peribosky

• Salutes: 4
    • [MAF]
    • View Profile
Re: a heavy gun that shoots 8 harpoons
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 09:41:06 am »
It's dangerous to go alone! Take these!

,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ............. ;;;;;;;;;;;; :::::::::::::

Offline bullethose

• [TAW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 09:45:41 am »
sorry for my terrible punctuation. 

Offline Plasmarobo

• Salutes: 41
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 10:25:47 am »
So, the way harpoon physics work, I think this is a recipe for insta-collision.
I now must test this with a 5-poon Mobula.

Offline Rainer Zu Fall

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 26
    • [Prof]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 10:54:54 am »
5 harpoon Mobula already tested. It's interesting, but nothing that really works on its own...

Sorry but I don't quite now what 8 harpoons in one shot should be good for. You can't control them that much right now and they don't do enough damage.
Maybe if they were to be used like a new medium only piercing gun, yeah, quite fun. Although it probably won't lead to any new useful changes.

Offline Andrej Peribosky

• Salutes: 4
    • [MAF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2013, 12:45:43 pm »
An interesting take on harpoons would be to let them take away a fixed number of maximum armor HP.
If you shoot an harpoon at a ship, you remove 20% (?) of its maximum armor, and that part of armor can never be repaired while the harpoon is still attached. Allow maximum one attached harpoon per gun.

Offline bullethose

• [TAW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2013, 09:23:24 am »
how about a special ability above all other guns like hitting the hull it self while the hull armor still up does a quarter of the hull if you get 4 harpoons on half of It when you get 8. I also meant It to be much more powerful than the regular harpoon and you can pretty much tow for a long time compared to the normal one.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 09:25:04 am by bullet hose »

Offline Rainer Zu Fall

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 26
    • [Prof]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2013, 10:53:17 am »
how about a special ability above all other guns like hitting the hull it self while the hull armor still up does a quarter of the hull if you get 4 harpoons on half of It when you get 8. I also meant It to be much more powerful than the regular harpoon and you can pretty much tow for a long time compared to the normal one.

That would be just overpowered. A ship could die without loosing one drop of hull armor. No, sir, I don't like it at all!