Author Topic: "Artemis - Mercury" Role swap.  (Read 26567 times)

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: "Artemis - Mercury" Role swap.
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2013, 03:16:01 pm »
I just think instead of the pierce change, you play with the disable. 2 shots for "heavy" components. Light guns aren't easy to hit, so one is still ok there. Then you look at artemis. I forget its range now, but up that a touch. Give it either a slight aoe or shatter buff. Make it disable better than a merc, basically, with a range that is still hard to hit for heavy guns. 1.5km? 2km? Giving it that range without changing the projectile itself would be pretty hard to hit at max range.

That's something I can swallow over completely flopping the guns or playing around with piercing.

I'm still of the opinion that it's fairly balanced as is. You do bring up good points though, and I do honestly think I see less goldfish now a days because the main gun is pretty easy to aim at. The only time it isn't is when you're in short range, but that limits the goldfish in terms of builds pretty hard.

Offline Echoez

• Salutes: 40
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2013, 03:41:28 pm »
I'm not completely swapping the guns roles, despite the title of the thread, the Mercury already has 2 roles right now and it is a very easy gun to aim for armor, hence why I do not want it to remain like it is. Making the Artemis a better disabler than the Merc currently is would be disastrous for the Galleon, since its explosions would probably knock out multiple guns instantly.

I want the harder weapon to be used for something as important as armor piercing and the weapon that is easier to aim for the ship to be actually be forced to go for components.

The Artemis is in a weird place right now, as I have stated multiple times, it is only used as a Gun arc extra, I'm pretty sure that any ship that uses the Artemis right now would probably use a Mercury (Hell many of them already do even if the Mercury doesn't have the extra gun arc) if the Merc had the same gun arc, hence the weapon's only saving grace is it can turn a bit more, which is why I think it should be given a new role.

Anyway I rest this debate here, the rest is obviously just opinion, but I think good points are brought up from both sides of it.

Offline MasX

• Salutes: 26
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2013, 03:48:00 pm »
die merc die

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2013, 07:15:50 pm »
I don't think that's really the point here, MasX...