Author Topic: "First unread post" button missing  (Read 20064 times)

Offline Clara Skyborn

• Salutes: 48
    • [LFP]
    • View Profile
Re: "First unread post" button missing
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2013, 04:24:45 pm »
Sweet to have it. One thing though, when quoting someone the quote now goes in the quick-reply area instead of the general reply area.

You can always hit reply first and then quote any of the posts (or multiple) in the thread.

Offline Sgt. Spoon

• Salutes: 112
    • [Keno]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2013, 04:32:00 pm »
Sweet to have it. One thing though, when quoting someone the quote now goes in the quick-reply area instead of the general reply area.

You can always hit reply first and then quote any of the posts (or multiple) in the thread.

I suppose it doesn't really matter, though a general forum tends to direct the quote to the "real" reply function.

Offline Helmic

• Salutes: 35
    • [NCNS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2013, 05:02:09 pm »
I suppose it doesn't really matter, though a general forum tends to direct the quote to the "real" reply function.

On VBulletin, which you'll see most big boards using, quoting will bring up the quick reply box.  It's just that there's also a clear "Go Advanced" button that'll let you get the full WYSIWYG editor, whereas here you'll need to hit preview to bring it up.

While we're on the topic of forum functionality, the ability to embed flash videos like Youtube videos would be awesome.

Offline Sgt. Spoon

• Salutes: 112
    • [Keno]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2013, 05:05:41 pm »

On VBulletin, which you'll see most big boards using, quoting will bring up the quick reply box.  It's just that there's also a clear "Go Advanced" button that'll let you get the full WYSIWYG editor, whereas here you'll need to hit preview to bring it up.

While we're on the topic of forum functionality, the ability to embed flash videos like Youtube videos would be awesome.
Only speaking out of my own experience in all the forums I've visited, which I though was a good enough source. my bad

And yes, embedding youtube videos would be great