Author Topic: Just wanted to congratulate Muse  (Read 3399 times)

Offline Andrej Peribosky

• Salutes: 4
    • [MAF]
    • View Profile
Just wanted to congratulate Muse
« on: July 11, 2013, 04:32:56 pm »
Since this is a feedback forum, i wanted to post some feedback about Muse itself and the work they are doing.

I am very genuinely impressed by your work, Muse. Your communication skills are excellent, you are always talking to us players, in game and on the forums and emails.

I have to admit i was quite worried when i first saw the 1.3 patch notes on the dev app. I talked about the changes to my crew (we are a small 4 people party in real life and we play D&D) and the players were none too happy to see an airship game shift to a sniper game. Some of them even hinted that they would possibly quit rather than snipe all day in a motionless ship.

However, people also spoke up on the forum, and you guys listened to us. You rolled back some changes, listened to our motives, provided your own, and you delivered a very good patch that changed the meta by adding options (fire, mostly) rather than removing possible strategies.
And most importantly, you kept talking and listening to us. You seriously are almost omnipresent on the forums and in game. I played many games, big and small, and never i have seen the developers interact with the players so much. We are able to even play with you (i did) and hear your voice. That is something that very rarely happens and it allows for a level of communication that is great for the game.
You even added rope collision on the mobula because three days before release, a few people asked for it after trying the ship, and it was mostly a joke. And yet you did it, by looking at a few posts in a 10+ pages long thread on a forum. This shows a level of commitment to pleasing the players that is above anything i have ever experienced.
We can see that you care about the game and about the players.

So that's it. Just a thank you for being this good, and a wish that you can keep up with this and that everything will go smooth for your guys :)

Andrej

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Just wanted to congratulate Muse
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 07:00:56 pm »
I concur.  Salute!

Offline LordFunPants

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 49
    • [LFP]
    • View Profile
Re: Just wanted to congratulate Muse
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 07:40:34 pm »
saluted sir,

i will say though, not so much as a muse employ but personally, that its refreshing to see how appreciative, and respectable the Guns of Icarus community is especially compared to the average video game community. you guys have always impressed me as a whole, whether its when you show fan art or discuss the finer points of the game, you've always kept it civil and fun. for me it makes it worth listening to what people have to say, even if i do think some of you guys throw out some craaazy ideas :P