Author Topic: Hey there GoI! Do you like Cake?  (Read 893008 times)

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
Re: Hey there GoI! Do you like Cake?
« Reply #1065 on: February 07, 2014, 02:02:26 am »
It's been a while since I've had a good game, might as well join in for once aye?

Offline Andika

• Salutes: 114
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: February 07, 2014, 09:08:06 am »
So... am I captaining my own ship of Iron Fork? If so, can I get the crew I'm assigned together about 3:30 for some practice?

Also Iron Fork seemed to be quite a popular lobby in the past weeks (quite fortunately I would say), so I'd recommend arriving early if ya wanna participate as a pilot, because captain spots fill up quite quickly, and the event works on a first come, first served basis.  :)

Offline Pilcrow

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: February 07, 2014, 05:45:00 pm »
oh hey, pilcrow here (as evidenced by <--- that name over there)

was recently (and as of writing this post, am still) in a match with a load of cake members, and it seems like a pretty fun clan
i was sitting on zander broda's ship for a few rounds, and then got a bunch of different captains, and overall it was (and at the time of writing is) pretty fun!

i wouldn't mind joining the clan, i'm a rank 4 engie and gunner, but still only have rank 1 in captain

Offline Fryghdstar

• View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: February 07, 2014, 06:07:31 pm »
Hey there, I was in an Iron Fork and was enjoying playing with the people from cake. Seems like a cool clan, i would like to be a part of it if this is possible plz. ^-^

Actuallly, i was playing on the same ship as Pilcrow
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 06:18:15 pm by Fryghdstar »

Offline Theravis

• Salutes: 2
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: February 07, 2014, 06:44:45 pm »
As the newest member of [Cake], allow me to say DO IT! DO IT NOW! Cake has the upsides of being skilled, laid-back, and nice to noobs like me (LV4 Pilot, 2 Engi, 1 Gunner).

Offline Sandy Hawkins

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 30
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: February 07, 2014, 07:13:24 pm »
As the newest member of [Cake], allow me to say DO IT! DO IT NOW! Cake has the upsides of being skilled, laid-back, and nice to noobs like me (LV4 Pilot, 2 Engi, 1 Gunner).

Everyone is welcome to apply, but make sure you have the all clear for a member of the Management team before you change your tag.

Offline Theravis

• Salutes: 2
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: February 08, 2014, 12:12:13 am »

Everyone is welcome to apply, but make sure you have the all clear for a member of the Management team before you change your tag.
Aggghhh!! Sorry, I meant "Do it!" As in ask to be vetted. No disrespect intended to the signup process, Sandy.
(Sigh. Just my luck. In Cake for 6 hours and already I make an idiot of myself.)

Offline Fryghdstar

• View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: February 08, 2014, 01:04:36 am »
Ask to be vetted? Sorry but im stil at a loss as to how to go about actually applying
[/quote]
Aggghhh!! Sorry, I meant "Do it!" As in ask to be vetted. No disrespect intended to the signup process, Sandy.
(Sigh. Just my luck. In Cake for 6 hours and already I make an idiot of myself.)
[/quote]

Offline macmacnick

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 121
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile: Macmacnick
« Reply #1073 on: February 08, 2014, 01:18:16 am »
Fly with Sandy Hawkins, Pieman, James T. Kirk,  Zander Broda, B'elanna, or Jacob Fii for a few matches, and ask them to give you a critique.

Offline Zander Broda

• Salutes: 7
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: February 08, 2014, 02:59:12 am »
so, Pilcrow and Fryghdstar flew with me in pretty much all my matches today, they seemed like the cakey types, they even kept their cool in a match where i brought a...strange build and we didn't do so well, so they get my stamp of approval.

Offline Fryghdstar

• View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: February 08, 2014, 03:32:38 am »
So what happens since Zander Broda approves. What else do I have to do.

Offline Andika

• Salutes: 114
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: February 08, 2014, 10:04:36 am »
Pilcrow and Fryghdstar, welcome to Cake! Don't forget to change your tag and join our steam group. Make sure you read the OP in this thread too, to learn about our usual clan guidelines and see if it's the kind of clan you are looking for. It takes only a few minutes, although Kirk tends to ramble a lot.  :P

Also, while our application process is not something totally strict (note to other readers: but do ask us about it first before you change any clan tag, please), I'd like to join Sandy and the others, and recommend flying with as many of us as possible for you guys to see if our playing styles match. This is just to let you know about the kind of things we tend to do (and things we don't do) while playing.

After all, you are probably just as interested in getting to know all the arsonist, crazy, mrauing, kamikaze  nice, kind, friendly people you are about to join as we are interested in you and your arsonist, crazy, mrauing, kamikaze nice, kind, friendly ways.  ;)

Offline Fryghdstar

• View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: February 08, 2014, 02:24:31 pm »
Cool, thanks. Glad to be a part of cake.
 8)

Offline Sandy Hawkins

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 30
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: February 08, 2014, 06:49:07 pm »

You haven't made an idiot of yourself, and I understand what you were trying to say, I was just clearing it up for the sake of the other fellow unless he misunderstood.

Offline Antimachus

• View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: February 09, 2014, 01:20:51 am »
HELLO CAKE! So I have played with a few cake members and  I would like to play with some more. No idea what i need to do but i'm down for it! 

Antimachus