Author Topic: Hey there GoI! Do you like Cake?  (Read 884780 times)

Offline Mod Josie

• Muse
  • Salutes: 130
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
Re: Hey there GoI! Do you like Cake?
« Reply #1050 on: February 05, 2014, 02:47:37 am »
Kirk - I've flown with Fox a fair bit, had a game with Jacob Fii yesterday, but that's all I can remember of names. I do recall two other cake clan tags in various matches, but the names escape me, it's been a while.
You are fine to join good fellow. You are a respectable chap enough for my support! Welcome to Cake.
Change your clan tag to Cake and join our steam-group in due course :D

Offline Sandy Hawkins

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 30
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: February 05, 2014, 02:48:43 am »
Welcome all new members, feel free to add me and fly with me in Game. I'm in Oceania time-zones so you might not see me very much.

Offline Theravis

• Salutes: 2
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: February 05, 2014, 08:05:35 pm »
Hi, Cake!
I'm new (joined 2/2/13), and I love captaincy/piloting. I'd like to join cake, if possible.
I'm usually available all week after 5:30PM Eastern.

Offline Mod Josie

• Muse
  • Salutes: 130
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: February 05, 2014, 09:07:57 pm »
Hi, Cake!
I'm new (joined 2/2/13), and I love captaincy/piloting. I'd like to join cake, if possible.
I'm usually available all week after 5:30PM Eastern.
I spoke to you earlier in Global chat, I believe.
If you would like to meet a bunch of us, please come along to the Iron Fork of Friday. It's a Cake event especially for situations like this. It's at 4pm EST and will go on for at least a couple of hours. Pop in and come fly with us! We like to fly with prospective members so it'd be the perfect opportunity. Add me in-game and tell me if you can make it :D

Offline Theravis

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: February 05, 2014, 11:05:27 pm »
If you would like to meet a bunch of us, please come along to the Iron Fork of Friday. It's a Cake event especially for situations like this. It's at 4pm EST and will go on for at least a couple of hours. Pop in and come fly with us! We like to fly with prospective members so it'd be the perfect opportunity. Add me in-game and tell me if you can make it :D
Yes you did. I can probably make this Friday at 4. Can I get details on this Iron Fork, or is it a super-secret hazing ritual? The kind that's all

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: February 05, 2014, 11:40:01 pm »

Offline macmacnick

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 121
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile: Macmacnick
« Reply #1056 on: February 05, 2014, 11:56:33 pm »
Heh, Found this little Gem on twitter.

Authentic Sochi Russia Bathroom Signs.
Make sure You Don't eat the Prune cake there.

Offline Sandy Hawkins

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 30
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: February 06, 2014, 12:41:01 am »
Yes you did. I can probably make this Friday at 4. Can I get details on this Iron Fork, or is it a super-secret hazing ritual? The kind that's all

9pm UTC is the usual time.

Offline Theravis

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: February 06, 2014, 01:08:25 am »
So 4 EST. Sorry to confuse you. Is it me VS. a cake guy, a cake observer on my match, what is this Iron Fork? Do I bring my own crew, pickup, what?
Also KHORNE FLAKES! FRUIT FOR THE FRUIT GOD! BRAN FOR THE BRAN THRONE!

Offline C. Darwin

• Salutes: 15
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: February 06, 2014, 04:17:50 am »
Basically you bring yourself and you will play among Cake members. It is essential to crave fireeee

Offline Andika

• Salutes: 114
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: February 06, 2014, 07:21:32 am »
9pm UTC is the usual time.

Shhhhhhh....! Don't give it away just like that! Uhmm..hey folks! Iron fork starts at...ugh...uhmm... Hey, the cake's done! Who wants some?  :D

Offline Theravis

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: February 06, 2014, 08:05:48 am »
Basically you bring yourself and you will play among Cake members. It is essential to crave fireeee

Ironically I was worried about having too little fire, but between when I decided to ask for membership and when I posted I captained a Carronade/Flamer/Banshee Squid and decided that it was the best thing since sliced bread. So I will BRING FIRE!

P.S. Considering the fire love, has anyone considered
"Then everything changed when [CAKE] attacked!"

Offline Theravis

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: February 06, 2014, 11:55:37 pm »
So... am I captaining my own ship of Iron Fork? If so, can I get the crew I'm assigned together about 3:30 for some practice?

Offline Jereven

• Salutes: 7
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: February 07, 2014, 12:32:18 am »
So... am I captaining my own ship of Iron Fork? If so, can I get the crew I'm assigned together about 3:30 for some practice?

You aren't assigned a crew.  It's a very freeform relaxed environment.  Typically it's a 3v3 or 4v4 lobby where people may come and go over the course of the event, so your crew might be whoever shows up.  It might even be there's a lot of us there and we'll throwing Cakes your way.

Iron Fork isn't a grand tournament or something.  It's just grand fun and games and then somebody's hull catches on fire.  Then it becomes hilarious.

Offline Theravis

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: February 07, 2014, 01:48:06 am »
Well, If my stint with Nietzsche Mustache is any indication, [Cake] is really good at this.
I was hoping to get practice in so I don't have to explain my plan to the enemy team/while under fire, but it looks like a [Cake] pickup crew can catch on quick.