Author Topic: Hey there GoI! Do you like Cake?  (Read 884651 times)

Offline Mod Josie

• Muse
  • Salutes: 130
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
Re: Hey there GoI! Do you like Cake?
« Reply #1395 on: August 08, 2015, 07:31:42 pm »
Hay i'v applied to join, but whenever i get on to see if there are any members of cake on there are non on. am i just getting on at the wrong times or do i just have the worst luck in the world?

Hey there IOMV,

It's likely a case of bad luck - there were at least 6 of us on today, we had a great time :P

Keep searching!

Offline Blessed Vaati

• Salutes: 0
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: September 05, 2015, 08:38:54 am »
Well if it is bad luck its certainly going on for some time. :/, been trying to find matches with Cake but i can never make iron fork cuz my friends who i dont see much are active friday and apperently i can never catch a member.

Offline KingWestie

• View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: September 28, 2015, 01:12:50 am »
Hey there, this clan sounds amazing so I would love to join. I have sent an application on your website, but I accidentally messed up in the 'Which members of Cake have you flown with' section. I hope to hear back from you soon with your verdict on me joining Cake.

Offline B'Elanna

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 82
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: September 28, 2015, 09:36:23 am »
Hey there, this clan sounds amazing so I would love to join. I have sent an application on your website, but I accidentally messed up in the 'Which members of Cake have you flown with' section. I hope to hear back from you soon with your verdict on me joining Cake.

Hey, just always look if anyone in Cake is online upon logging in and try to follow them around and make friends. If noone approaches you til Friday, take a look at the Iron Fork times and log in a few minutes early and PM me (B'Elanna) for the password, so we can make sure you'll get in :)

Offline kurganon

• Salutes: 1
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: June 16, 2016, 11:41:24 am »
Hello, everycake reading this^^
First off, this isn't an apply... yet. (Lack of internetspeed and necessity to study keep me from playing GoIo, right now)
This is just me expressing my hype about the Cake Clan ;X

I got hyped about GoIo again, and since I couldn't play I decided to read around in the GoIo forum, and boy, do you cakes come around. Initially I just wanted to find that quotes thread in the pit (which I saw years ago, didn't find it again), but came across a couple of funny threads, and more specificly funny posts, of which many were made by cake. For example, how you defended the word fire from being banned in the haiku thread XD

I've read through the whole Cake thread now (not in chronological order), and you guys and gals are absolutely awesome^^
I love the humor of everyone! (Can provide examples, as I save quotes, which make me laugh)
The opening post alone had me already most interested in this clan, the fun above all phillosophy is something I not only can stand behind, I also find it my goal to find fun even in the receiving end of a curbstomb, which happened and in which I found fun in. Attempting the impossible when everyone else is giving up is awesome (succeeding more so) and also cake, everyone loves cake, if not eating, than at least baking.
Your "Fly with us to join us" attitude reminds me very much of air gear, when the main character declined an Army, because he never rode with them, needless to say, I find that awesome!

Not any less awesome (or weird) is how you don't look down upon stalking, you even encourage it, that among other things shows how crazy (fun) you are XD

I may not have an oven, but I fully intent on becoming a cake, maybe not now, maybe not even this year, but one day I will be able to play, and on that day, I will hunt you down (in a friendly [fire] way) and apply to become a cake, so I hope you look forward to it and keep the clan goind until then, wouldn't be too fun joining a clan just to proclaim "I am Legend!".^^

Kind Regards,

I totally forgot my ingame name

PS: I didn't talk too much about fire, because I didn't want to write twice or three times as much ;X

Offline James T. Kirk

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 182
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
    • The Cake Official Website!
« Reply #1400 on: July 09, 2016, 01:02:46 pm »
Hey there, Kurganon!

It's a shame you're having issues, but we're really excited you're interested in us; when you get all your things in order, come check us out over on cakeclan.shivtr.com!

In the meantime, we'll be hosting a Guns of Icarus tournament that you should go check out. I know you said your internet is a bit lacking, but if you can get a Twitch stream running, you should come give us a look. A link with all the times and information will be at the bottom.

Anyhows, we can't wait to see you around!

https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,7813.0.html

Offline kurganon

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: July 10, 2016, 07:31:05 am »
Awesome^^
I visited the site a couple of times actually XD
Too bad, that the official youtube channel of Cake doesn't have too much content^^

If I get the chance I will definitely try and check the stream out, thank you^^

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 146
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: January 11, 2017, 05:14:11 pm »
*cough*

"Oh look! a recruitment thread for The Cake Clan!"

"I should totally join this band of... pastries?"

"I wonder how I do this?"

The Mann - Recruitment Officer for The Cake Clan since some time about 4 months ago without a single recruitment post since...

You're Welcome!

Luv, The Cake Clan <3

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: January 11, 2017, 05:42:02 pm »
Oh look, an official recruitment post...

Quote from: Totally not stolen from James T. Kirk and extensively modified...
Welcome!
Hello, Everyone! Welcome to Cake Clan.
Possibly one of the largest in the game The Coolest clan in game!

Who We Are
What Cake is all about:

Cake is the fire clan of the Guns of Icarus Community, and we find nothing more fun than burning ships alive!

We love Banshees, Hades, Mine Launchers, Flare Guns, Flamethrowers, and of course, Incendiary Rounds!
Cakes enjoy running fire builds both in-game and out, and we love our flames so much that we dare to stand our ground with them competitively.
Of course flying something else every now and then is alright,
but if you don’t actively enjoy flying with fire on board, Cake might not be the clan for you.
You could say that fire lights the candles on this Cake! (Oh, that was not a good pun, common Jim, that was awful).

Our clan is one founded on the principle of mutual friendship and trust,
and the base requirements of Pastries are that they are friendly and understanding.
This means we don’t troll, purposely start arguments, or create unnecessary tension.
Our ideal outcome is to have people go “Oh boy! It’s Cake again; engineers bring Chem Spray!”
By the end of the match (be it from laughter or the ridiculous amounts of fire that surrounds their ships in a glorious halo) we want the other team to be in ‘tiers’! (You know, because the larger cake types have tiers!? No? I’ll stop. Eventually.)

TL;DR - We are a clan that like fire and fun!

Recruitment/Applications
Our mission is to take on new, intermediate, and advanced players who don’t mind losing,
and then go shake up the GoI community with a good helping of Cake coalition insanity.

To apply to join Cake

1. Go check out cakeclan.shivtr.com!
    You’ll have to log in and apply there before we accept you in-game.

2. The Iron Fork of Friday
   On the application you will be asked what Cakes you have flown with. But you can also just request to fly with us.
   Or show up to The Iron Fork of Friday:
  • PDT  : 2 pm
  • EDT  : 5 pm MUSE TIME
  • UTC  : 9 pm
  • CEDT: 11 pm
  • AEDT: 08 am SATURDAY
3. After you applied on cakeclan.shivtr.com, apply in-game through the implemented Clan System.
   Filling in the application on our website is needed for us to accept you ingame.

If you are unsure whether you want to join Cake or not,
try out joining us for the above mentioned “The Iron Fork on Friday” event,
which is helpful for us getting to know both our new players and those wanting to join us.

In short:
  • Post below, ask to fly with Cakes.
  • Fly with Cakes.
  • Apply In-Game over the new ‘Community’ Hub

If you’re at all interested, don’t be afraid to apply.
Don’t think you’re good enough? We lose anyway!
Still think you’re too new? We’d love to teach you what little we know!
But remember: Here at Cake, we don’t love anything more than messing the meta with Friendly Fire!

Cake Management Crew
  • James T. Kirk - Leader, Founder
  • B’Elanna
  • Muse- Josie
  • The Mann - Recruitment Officer / Pretty Princess
  • Kairi - First Officer
  • Kajros  - Communications
  • Muse- Cullen - Founder / Honorary Cake
  • Admiral Obvious - Honorary Cake
  • Fudge - Honorary Cake
  • Crusty Skunk - Mann's Assistant / Candlelight Games Coordinator
  • The other people Mann forgot to mention... Much Luv <3
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 05:44:40 pm by The Mann »

Offline kurganon

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: February 01, 2017, 07:07:05 pm »
I don't know if sharing random parts of random videos on youtube is something that Cake tolerates, but I had to think of this clan during a funny moment in Jesse Cox' and TotalBiscuits Let'sPlay of Pitpeople^^

"They killed my cake!
So everything is on fire, what is happening over there?!"

Kind Regards^^

Offline James T. Kirk

• Muse Games
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: February 02, 2017, 09:58:32 pm »
Take a Salute, kind sir!

Offline TheKawaiiToaster

• [GR0X]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: April 09, 2017, 01:33:31 pm »
yo uh, im new and would like to fly with some of you peeps.

cause im lonely and would love to join :D

If you need to contact me just send me a msg in game, i doubt ill check on this site ;_;
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 01:40:22 pm by TheKawaiiToaster »

Offline James T. Kirk

• Muse Games
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: April 09, 2017, 02:03:08 pm »
Toaster, it's gonna be hard to randomly find you in-game! Can you give us a time frame that you're usually on?

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: April 16, 2017, 04:49:41 pm »
yo uh, im new and would like to fly with some of you peeps.

cause im lonely and would love to join :D

If you need to contact me just send me a msg in game, i doubt ill check on this site ;_;

Look for a nutter online called The Mann... Wait? thats me...
Or PM me with a time You'd like to play, I operate in the BST Timezone. :D

Recruitment Officer For Cake - The Mann
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 04:52:33 pm by The Mann »

Offline Queso

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 126
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: May 31, 2017, 02:56:18 pm »
Does this clan accept Little Mac mains?