Author Topic: Mobula thieving?  (Read 7617 times)

Offline Kyren

• Salutes: 80
    • View Profile
Mobula thieving?
« on: July 11, 2013, 06:55:12 am »
Ahoy!

I was pondering about what we might do about this here in the near future, then skimming the forums and of course reading about the Mobula again. Somehow the thoughts about Arashi Raiders and the Mobula merged to create Arashi Raiders stealing a Mobula prototype.

Well, how do you steal a ship? With harpoons. You carry it after your ship and try to get away with it.

My idea is as follows:

A 3v3 Match, the Red Team gets the Mobula and a second ship of their choice. The Blue Team gets 3 ships, of which one serves as the carrier with the harpoon. Probably a Junker or something lighter, not a Galleon, because then it'd be too difficult to get the carrier down.

The Mobula is not allowed to move, only to turn and to shoot at the attacking ships. For this sake it gets a tiny crew consisting of a Pilot to do the turning and a Gunner.

The designated carrier ship from the blue team has to carry the Mobula with it's harpoon to their starting side of the map, the red team wins if it can prevent this from happening for.. say, 10 minutes?

Obviously this idea is in the very early stages of development, I apologize if you find any huge flaws in my concept. But go ahead and give me some input :P

Edit: Thankfully pointed out by Urz, a similar thing was already done by Letus and NateDawg: Link
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 04:37:47 am by Kyren »

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Mobula thieving?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 12:37:25 pm »
I'm imagining three galleons towing the mobula behind them.

It is a good imagination.

Offline Ataris

• Salutes: 20
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 03:52:36 pm »
Idea is good but how can we prevent game ending after reaching kills cap?

Offline Kyren

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 04:01:01 pm »
We could just use a point control map and make sure our Mobula-dragging route doesn't get near the point, I guess.

Offline Urz

• Salutes: 75
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 05:33:56 pm »
Sounds like the Greenpeace/whaler idea Letus posted last year:

http://gunsoficarus.com/community/forumarchive/discussion/1033/skywhaling/p1

Offline Kyren

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 03:50:38 am »
Hmm, I started playing in December, but I missed out on that one. I chose the Mobula here because it's lighter than the Galleon, the Squids with Flares didn't occur to me :P Seems like we're not getting a lot of coverage here anyways, and it might be easier to just set it up ingame like Letus did.

Edit: PMed Letus about it, wouldn't like to run around copying his idea and maybe he shares his opinion  here. Thanks for pointing it out, Urz!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 04:09:54 am by Kyren »

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2013, 04:28:58 am »
When poons work, this will be an idea.