Author Topic: Stop punishing high levels  (Read 55986 times)

Offline Clara Skyborn

• Salutes: 48
    • [LFP]
    • View Profile
Re: Stop punishing high levels
« Reply #90 on: August 14, 2013, 11:24:52 am »
See my comments in this thread: https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,1988.msg35125.html#msg35125

To reiterate here, the progression curve was actually roughly on par with our projections, but based on your feedback we're scaling it down to make the level cap more achievable. With the new curve, level 15 will be able to be reached in about the time it currently takes to reach level 13. The early levels will remain unchanged, while the mid to high levels will be noticeably faster and more regular than they are currently. These changes will be going live soon.

Offline treseritops

• Salutes: 6
    • [WOLF]
    • View Profile
Re: Stop punishing high levels
« Reply #91 on: August 22, 2013, 11:41:57 am »
Hey I'm only level 6 with 110hrs of play time but is there is a reason that achievements (or at least certain categories) couldn't be unlocked from the beginning? Specifically fixin, combat, experience, and maps.

A simple example is one of the engineering achievements for repairing 150 guns with a wrench. I think it's supposed to encourage experimentation with loadout but I think by level 6 you've figured it out. I tried loadouts with the wrench for a long time while I was lower level, especially while gungineering. Right now, however, I feel like trying for this achievement will let my team down. I either enjoy playing and play as a team player for the good of the match, or I play selfishly and bring questionable loadouts.

I agree at some point an engineer should be more of less forced to try a loadout of wrench, buff, ext or to learn the difference between ext and chem spray, etc. I've already done that and want credit for the experience without it costing my teammates.