Author Topic: GUNS & GUNS SKILL v1.3 Balance Issues  (Read 43796 times)

Offline Echoez

• Salutes: 40
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
Re: GUNS & GUNS SKILL v1.3 Balance Issues
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2013, 07:05:54 pm »
They're less specialized. So for example with piercing they'd reduce its effectiveness against armour and increase its effectiveness against hull. The idea is to have less "required" damage types as is the case currently with explosive and piercing.

Will totally test.

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 119
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2013, 08:02:50 pm »
But it also limits the effect of shatter on components and flechette on balloons for now in the test server, which generally speaking isn't as much of a concern to me as the overall death of a ship that is facilitated by piercing combinations.

Offline Echoez

• Salutes: 40
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2013, 08:09:59 pm »
I personally think that every weapon right now is mostly fine other then the Gatling and the Mercury (Dun dun duuun, you never expected that!), the fact that both of these guns double as disablers is also something to look at. I think that just lowering the current piercing modifier to something like 1.3 or 1.2 would be most beneficial instead of making everything mostly the same.

Offline Queso

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 126
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2013, 09:10:47 pm »
Yeah, I really need to get my stuff together for that test. Just been having the busiest week of my summer at the moment.

Offline awkm

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 77
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
    • Notes for Next Century—n4n100
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2013, 09:50:41 pm »
Please make a normalization thread.

Offline Mattilald Anguisad

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 12
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2013, 01:41:56 pm »
I don't think Gat needs changes. Merc maybe too effective against armor, but I thing gat is fine (takes gat a while to pierce armor escpecialy if you lack heavy ammo or have problems hitting - lately our gunners have been having problems bringing junker armor down even with heavy clip, takes 3.5 - 4 clips of gatling to take junker's Armor. Haven't tried it myself since 1.3, haven't had time to junp of a spot where I could - either helping new players or on hull duty. Can someone check Heavy clip + Galing and check bullet spread and bullet offset on heavy clip in comparison to none (according to tooltip description there should be no diffirence and no spread(?) ).

With firefighting changes either extinguisher and chemspray are too useless or fire is stacking much much too fast. Mostly flamers. Flamers weren't as bad as people regarded them in 1.2, people just weren't using them correctly. Iike having your a prymidion have flak in rear port slot, javelin in port slot, get in front left and carrorade front right. You still have a good weapon combo, but you are doing it wrong. Or have gat/flak front and use flak to try and kill armor and use gat to kill hull - it's a good combo but you are doing it wrong.

Now extinguishing fire takes 6 seconds (chem spray 3sec, extinguisher 3 sec) and 2 people. Other way you extinguish fire fast, but it lasts for .1 of a sec, before you have fire back or takes 18 seconds to extinguish fire with chem spray.

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2013, 03:13:00 am »
There are 2 ways to effectively deal with a flamethrower.

1) Do not be in range of the flamethrower
2) Chem spray essential components prior to being doused in flames

Don't forget an opponent sacrifices a lot of dps by choosing to harass you with a flamethrower over another weapon.  Mitigating the efficacy of fire will make them regret their choice.

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2013, 10:28:48 am »
My flame ship, the Roasting Duck is a flamer carousel Pyramidion. While I believe it effective, it is certainly a support ship and not a killer ship.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2013, 12:39:46 pm »
I was going through the 1.1.4 release notes, and I noticed this.

Squid received small boost to armor, from 200 to 220 (Charged Rounds + Field Gun now requires 2 shots to destroy full Squid armor)

Should that be the case? Even after the patch charged merc one-shotted Squid armour, and nothing's changed to the merc's damage or the Squid's armour since then. You can look at the math:

((75*1.5)+(300*0.2))*1.3 = 224.25

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2013, 12:54:12 pm »
That was a Muse mistake that none of us ever bothered to call them out on.  I noticed it when it happened but never said anything since I never really was bothered by the Squid having 200 armor to begin with. 

I always assumed think they meant it to be 225. 

Offline awkm

• Muse Games
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2013, 01:50:58 pm »
((75*1.5)+(300*0.2))*1.3 = 224.25

Fixed.  Squid has 230 armor now.

Offline CaptainStar

• Salutes: 0
    • [Ecln]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2013, 12:12:22 am »
I for one would like to see more options for armor piercing light weapons. Besides the harpoon, which I feel has a very specific niche use and is not very useful for a general weapon, only the mercury and the gatling do piercing damage, though it seems we have no end to explosive anti hull damage with the banshee, artemis, mortar, and flak, all of which fill different purposes at different ranges. I'm just saying that I'd like more options for my build, as I feel that gatlings are the only viable option for anti armor.

Offline awkm

• Muse Games
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2013, 07:40:44 am »
In the works.

Offline Serenum

• Salutes: 12
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2013, 07:53:50 am »
How about medium piercing weapons? We have none, I would hope the priority is bringing new medium weapons on the table instead of adding even more light weapons, which I feel are already varied enough.
At the moment preparing a loadout for the Galleon isn't nearly as fun as any other ship loadout because of limited options in the medium weapons department.

That's just my opinion on the matter of course...

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2013, 08:48:21 am »
Hey Serenum,

A lot of consideration is put into the new content that is release, and I'm sure that Muse is working on a great new feature for us to play with :))... Let's keep this post focused on Balance Issues in 1.3...

Thanks!
Shink