Author Topic: Version 1.3.1 Release Notes  (Read 29782 times)

Offline Dross

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Version 1.3.1 Release Notes
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2013, 01:13:32 pm »
- Lesmok Round: +80% increase Projectile Speed (from +60%), -30% Clip Size (from -20%), -20% Rotation Speed (from -40%)
I've noticed that the in-game tooltip for Lesmok rounds shows +70% increased Projectile speed and -30% rotation speed, are the patch notes the correct values or the in-game ones?

Also the values in the Aeronautical Handbook are wrong and haven't been updated.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 01:15:13 pm by Dross »

Offline Commodore Phoenix

• Salutes: 12
    • [CCor]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2013, 01:16:38 pm »
Isn't putting the names of enemy ships and making the weapon slots now have numbers, instead of looking very well presented and making someone know where their weapons are, just dumbing down the game?

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2013, 01:26:19 pm »
- Lesmok Round: +80% increase Projectile Speed (from +60%), -30% Clip Size (from -20%), -20% Rotation Speed (from -40%)
I've noticed that the in-game tooltip for Lesmok rounds shows +70% increased Projectile speed and -30% rotation speed, are the patch notes the correct values or the in-game ones?

Neither. Lesmok still works the same as in 1.3 (which is a good thing).

Yeah, I know. I'm confused too.

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2013, 01:29:36 pm »
Mobula: 700 armour (from 550)

Whoa, doesn't anyone else think that is a bit too high of a jump to do all at once.

Offline Plasmarobo

• Salutes: 41
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2013, 01:31:27 pm »
Isn't putting the names of enemy ships and making the weapon slots now have numbers, instead of looking very well presented and making someone know where their weapons are, just dumbing down the game?

I agree, the names under the spots are inauthentic. It takes a bit out of the game. If you can't tell ships apart, then you can't tell them apart. If the enemy takes two pyras, I should have to keep track manually of which has more damage/their positions/etc. That's part of tactics, instead of being like "The USS Thunderdunder is more damaged, attack it." I prefer the "Okay, the pyra on the left is more damaged, attack it!". I think the names thing belongs in spectate only.

However, I love the hardpoint numbers. I could never figure out which gun was which, and regularly put stuff on the wrong side of ships (mostly the gal). I think the hardpoint numbers are fine.

But yeah, the names could go away, and I'd be quite happy.

Offline Pickle

• Salutes: 42
    • [AeBr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2013, 01:36:00 pm »
Things I've noticed that aren't in the notes..

Capping points is now altitude dependent (again) after this was removed in the previous build.  You again have to be at a lower altitude than the balloon to cap.

The Block range around capture points now appears to be significantly larger.

The Pyramidion appears to have had a noticeable manoeuvrability and speed buff, it's performance vs. the Junker has improved (to use a known reference point).  I've had a play in Sandbox with the Pyra and it's quite apparent.

Other things..

I agree with Captain Phoenix about the enemy ship names on the HUD, it's not an improvement and hints at further dumbing down to come.  Likewise the spanner/shell symbols next to players names.  However I would like to see team mates ships named on the map screen (and I know Phoenix disagrees with me on this one).

I don't agree with Phoenix about the numbering of weapon points on the loadout screen, I find this very useful as the layout of the weapon point tags has always been very confusing, illogical and not well presented.

The map loading screens don't look as polished as they did, there's a big improvement that could be made here when the graphics team next gets a look at it.

The pop-up messages when in the Lobby etc. (top left of the screen) look like an afterthought and don't look like something in keeping with the rest of the user interface.

Offline Commodore Phoenix

• Salutes: 12
    • [CCor]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2013, 01:46:43 pm »
I'm not saying the numbering is completely bad but could we not maybe have it back to where it used to be so it looks better and yet still have the number slots

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2013, 02:01:28 pm »
Mobula: 700 armour (from 550)

Whoa, doesn't anyone else think that is a bit too high of a jump to do all at once.

Well if naufrago is right and the numbers are backwards, it's not that big a deal.

Offline awkm

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 77
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
    • Notes for Next Century—n4n100
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2013, 02:01:50 pm »
There is an error with production regarding lesmok.  Mobula was always at 700 armor, again text display error.

We are fixing it, those changes will be in shortly.

This thread is going to be locked.  Please post your questions and error reports in the appropriate subforums.

Offline Watchmaker

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 55
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2013, 11:02:07 am »
We rolled out a server hotfix over the course of yesterday and today.  This fixes an issue where control points would not register a ship's presence if that ship entered from certain angles (above, mostly.)

Also, Lesmok description is finally for real fixed.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 11:06:29 am by Watchmaker »

Offline Watchmaker

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 55
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2013, 10:02:47 am »
Another server hotfix went out last night, this one with changes to collision handling that should eliminate the "velcro" effect of small level geometry.