Author Topic: Announcement board in the Main Menu  (Read 5265 times)

Offline Kyren

• Salutes: 80
    • View Profile
Announcement board in the Main Menu
« on: July 09, 2013, 07:25:40 am »
Ahoy!

I darkly remember that this was discussed once already, but we've brought the topic up again because we've got advertising trouble for the Training Days.

Currently players are informed about Tournaments, Beta participation options, Training Days, Squid Races, every kind of community event over the forum and the steam group. The first requires active outgame participation, the second getting into the steam group. On a regular day we have about 50-100 people ingame, I don't see those 50-100 people here in the forum. Meaning, we'll have to reach them ingame to get them interested or inform them about community events.

We need a Announcement Board in the Main Menu, probably on the other side of the chat. Maybe give it the same option as with the chat; adjusting it size and so on. Or maybe take that small patch that there's currently for news and enhance it.

It doesn't need to have a lot of features right now, all we need is some space in the Main Menu to post News about community events. Maybe some CA or someone from Muse could oversee it and edit the topics in it by player request in the forum.

I believe this would greatly enhance player participation in tournaments and other events, probably even drive people into getting a look at the forum and participating here if they get linked from the games announcement board to the respective forum topics. For trying to keep people interested after the initial onslaught after the 1.3 release, I'd consider this a key priority. People who didn't play in the past weeks because there was nothing new get on; have a new ship, new weaponry, AND a Announcement Board that invites them to join a Tournament! (Or informs new players of the infamous Training days :P)

Offline Calico Jack

• Salutes: 25
    • [2620]
    • View Profile
Re: Announcement board in the Main Menu
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 07:35:01 am »
how about using group announcements? That way you get a pop up

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 08:42:05 am »
That's the way that we are currently running with, and it's not very effective at all. the problem is that not everybody who plays the game joins the steam group, or even looks at the forum. I'm all for this feature suggestion :)

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 10:42:29 am »
I think this would be a good thing too. The people who read the forums and steam group are not the people in need of training the most.

Offline Mattilald Anguisad

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 12
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2013, 10:47:34 am »
Totaly for it (I've suggested the same thing in my CA aplication btw :P )

Offline Ataris

• Salutes: 20
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2013, 04:43:40 pm »
This board can be made in a form of monthly calendar with dates, colored depending on the planned events. It could be put on a separate tab and probably have a small version of it in the main lobby screen. Thus it will always be in sight while entering the game