Author Topic: Profile Pic, Reason?  (Read 77090 times)

Offline Letus

• Salutes: 34
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
Re: Profile Pic, Reason?
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2013, 04:43:52 pm »
I'm a furry.  Letus the dragon is one of my characters (not the main one, but the most public...people seem to get pissed when you have a guy named "Dragon" who isn't a dragon...)  So the profile picture is a drawing of Letus that a friend made....

full original image:

Offline Calico Jack

• Salutes: 25
    • [2620]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2013, 05:00:57 pm »
mine is the alchemical symbol for the Sulphur of the Philosophers as I've always been intested in Alchemical drawings and symbols. That and it looks like a pyramideon that's on fire and firing 3 guns, basically representative of about 95% of my time in GOIOL.

Offline Wazulu

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 39
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2013, 05:50:12 pm »
Crikey, I had no idea that image had that level of detail. It's a shame the profile picture system on here has some sizing limitations

Offline Keon

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 105
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2013, 06:14:45 pm »
I'm a furry.  Letus the dragon is one of my characters (not the main one, but the most public...people seem to get pissed when you have a guy named "Dragon" who isn't a dragon...)  So the profile picture is a drawing of Letus that a friend made....

Objection. Dragons do not have fur, you cannot be a furry.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2013, 06:37:38 pm »
Gilder from Skies of Arcadia with the Black Flight flag in the background. Flag also part taken from the Blue Rogues logo in Skies of Arcadia that has been shopped to change the swords and remove the belt covering one eye. Black Flight flag is kind of a symbol for air pirates. Goggles added to signify the steampunk setting. Class emblems in swords are not only to cover up shopping inconsistencies but also have meaning. The pilots are the hilts of the swords. They control the sword's effectiveness. But without the engineers and gunners the swords/pilots have no power. So their emblems are placed in the blades where the original rogue logo has a cut out. Original name is based on an actual squadron in WWI. So, it ties in a lore where the squadron stuck together and eventually became air pirates.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 06:45:29 pm by Gilder »

Offline Surette

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 24
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Personal homepage
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2013, 06:42:53 pm »
Gilder from Skies of Arcadia with the Black Flight flag in the background. Flag also part taken from the Blue Rogues logo in Skies of Arcadia.
Glad to see another fan of that game, loved the Gamecube version. Never played the original on Dreamcast.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2013, 06:49:26 pm »
Dreamcast version was better in some ways. Audio quality was better and I wasn't quite happy with some of the legends additions. Liked it when the DC version left them open to interpretation. But also because I wrote a whole sequel book based on one of the characters which Legends decided to give more background on and it conflicts with my book. Paistol's story was probably the only plus side I found to Legends. Gives more of a glimpse of what happened in the Valua/Nasr war which happened before the original story.

Offline Wazulu

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 39
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2013, 06:57:56 pm »
As a kid I grew up watching Power Rangers. Not any of this 'Samurai' or 'Mystic' trash that you see nowadays, but the classic 'Mighty Mophin'' and a couple series following that. Why the Green Ranger? He's an understated badass, although, now I think about it, 60% of the time he was American every time. Which is odd, as I'm British. That's where the suit comes in- as not only a Gent but a True Brit I've got to look dapper on all occasions. More tea?

Offline Sgt. Spoon

• Salutes: 112
    • [Keno]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2013, 07:09:04 pm »
As a kid I grew up watching Power Rangers. Not any of this 'Samurai' or 'Mystic' trash that you see nowadays, but the classic 'Mighty Mophin'' and a couple series following that. Why the Green Ranger? He's an understated badass, although, now I think about it, 60% of the time he was American every time. Which is odd, as I'm British. That's where the suit comes in- as not only a Gent but a True Brit I've got to look dapper on all occasions. More tea?

...and here I've been thinking that was a lizard in a suit all along...

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2013, 07:10:01 pm »

I see how you could have gotten that, but it is not.

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2013, 07:38:24 pm »
My favorite color is green partially because of the original Green Ranger.

True story.

Offline Sgt. Spoon

• Salutes: 112
    • [Keno]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2013, 08:04:13 pm »

But it soo similar  :D

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2013, 10:46:15 pm »

But it soo similar  :D

It is! :D

Offline Keon

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 105
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2013, 11:57:03 pm »

full original image:

That's odd.
I always thought your dragon was facing forwards, not backwards, from the profile pic. Sort of rearing up and backwards like a more snakelike dragon.

Offline -Muse- Cullen

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 47
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2013, 08:46:19 am »
Komodo Joe's racing avatar from Crash Team Racing for the PS1. CTR was one of my most favorite video games of all time, and is really the only racing game I've ever enjoyed. Plus, I loved Crash Bandicoot a ton when Naughty Dog still developed games for the series. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=AfM9L1YOUHE#t=39s

Komodo Joe is a boss racer from that game, and after you beat him, you could race as him. He was just awesome in every way, and had amazing racer stats, too... but he was only my second favorite character. My avatar was going to be either him, or my first favorite character from the series- Ripper Roo.

Didn't pick this one, though, cos I didn't like the avatar as much. He was so OP in that game...