Author Topic: Warship 1v1  (Read 11121 times)

Offline AldenIOE

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
Warship 1v1
« on: February 23, 2013, 07:49:59 pm »
Ok, so I have always had this idea in multiple games, but never found a good one to implement this idea. So here is what the baseline of the idea is. Remember throughout, that this is an idea, and frankly I don't expect it to be implemented, but if it is, that will make me feel a bit proud. I'm sure that this has been though up before, but carrying on: Massive ship, 18 players on each ship, 1v1. 10 gunners 15 cannons, 5 engineers (give or take) 3 people on navigation (i'm thinking of this and adventure mode, but you can trash that if you want) Set the ships up with a huge map, and watch the battle. I'm definitely not expecting this, but you could ad other ships like the spire able to take off from the warship, or a squid that detaches from the bottom, or even something completeley different. You can set this up however big or small you want to make it, whether you want bigger airships or smaller ones. Please give me feedback, as I kind of like seeing that people notice my ideas.

Hopeful Ideas
                                                    Alden103

Offline Jazzza

• Salutes: 16
    • View Profile
    • Website
Re: Warship 1v1
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 02:10:15 am »
Or maybe just plain ol' 1v1.

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 119
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 05:07:55 am »
The idea of giant warships slugging it out broadside to broadside like Victorian battle cruisers On the high seas is very appealing to me. 
Marching across the weather deck with a permanent frown, barking orders while iron balls scream across the distance shattering decks and scattering men like pins before a bowling ball.
I'd call her the Jealous Misstress, and she would be the mean bitch of the skies with such elegant curves that men would sell their souls to the devil to waste their meager lives to spend a night inside her hold.

Offline Kyren

• Salutes: 80
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 05:35:39 am »
I think the idea didn't even come up like that yet. We had a thread about carrier ships in the old forum, but that didn't strike me so familiar to this one. In any case, I like it, especially the idea of 3 navigators that'd have to coordinate every single move of the ship.

Apart from that, I also agree with Jazzza - a plain 1v1 map would really do well, especially if it's for training newbies.

Offline Wazulu

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 39
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2013, 05:45:06 am »
On the topic of 1v1, a couple of members and I asked Bubbles about the idea of a 1v1 mode. He told us that there was a 1v1 previously, but it had been discontinued due to it being purely unpopular. He went on further (this was on Regional Chat, mind) to say main flaws were map sizes (too big) and that the majority of players were dominated by roving set-crews.

Besides training novices, a 1v1 mode could be used to construct a 'Rivalry' system, or just a place where Pilot X and Pilot Y can fight it out to see who really is better (without the 'poor teammate' excuse coming in).

Offline kapi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2013, 12:00:57 pm »
The idea is pretty good, although the standard 1vs1 could be interesting too. It seems that the best option is to put both modes in the game.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2013, 12:05:46 pm »
Duel at Dawn used to be a 1v1 match, hence the name. I've heard quite a few experiences players saying that they liked it better that way, but that's their opinion. I personally never got a chance to play on it when it was like that, since it was earlier in the beta.

Offline Kanimal

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2013, 04:21:28 pm »
I would love for a 1v1 system to come into play again.  Even if it wasn't with giant warships, though I think that idea sounds really interesting.

Offline Sgt. Spoon

• Salutes: 112
    • [Keno]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2013, 06:01:13 pm »
Duel at Dawn used to be a 1v1 match, hence the name. I've heard quite a few experiences players saying that they liked it better that way, but that's their opinion. I personally never got a chance to play on it when it was like that, since it was earlier in the beta.

Yes, before Duel at Dawn came there were several people that sought after a 1 vs 1 map where they could duel each other, seeing who was the strongest and best. When it got implemented, some people liked it for just that. However, the majority of the players didn't find it extremely funny and so they changed it to a 2 vs 2.

On the subject of huge warships. Also a thing that has been widely suggested, and I really do want to cruise along in such a ship sometime in this games future. Perhaps in Adventure mode ^^

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2013, 06:17:04 pm »
I have had a few 1v1 fights on Angelean Raiders and Flayed Hills. Before the Crazy King game mode came about. Multiple point capture games give teams an incentive to spread out, and often just one ship from either side would be contesting a capture point. It is a shame Flayed Hills was converted to Crazy King only. There were some interesting strategic decisions to be made when you had to split your team up to take multiple points.

To this day I still brag about the time I killed a Galleon with a Squid in single combat.

Offline Jazzza

• Salutes: 16
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2013, 12:50:18 am »
Why not have parts of big maps dedicated to 1v1? Kind of like race courses have segments they can close off if they want a shorter race.

Offline Ballu

• Salutes: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2013, 06:17:26 am »
A giant ship with many people on it sounds great. Maybe there can be a mode where one team gets the "big ship" and the other team has to fight it with normal ships. This will be a lot of balancing work, but in the end it would be a whole new experience to fight a giant ship and finally see it explode. That would force everyone on the battlefield to use whole new tactics.

And, at all, you feel like Luke Skywalker when you see the Deatchstar explode behind you xD (sorry for the comparison)