Author Topic: The Girl with the Duck Tattoo, the true story.  (Read 5585 times)

Offline JaceBoojah

• Salutes: 42
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
The Girl with the Duck Tattoo, the true story.
« on: July 06, 2013, 03:22:22 am »
I would like to set the record straight from what I heard from all 4 3v3 commentators.

I do not ram.  I Close the gap and sometimes make contact with the enemy.  Where I want to be is very close to the enemy and I want to get there fast.  I moonshine backwards If i think the contact I make with the ship after closing the gap will put them out of my gun arcs.

After having my guns on the enemy long enough I might go in for a goodnight kiss.
NOT A RAM, A GOODNIGHT KISS.

Unless it is an unsuspecting Spire I will not charge right into a full speed ram.  The risk of loosing gun arcs is too great.

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: The Girl with the Duck Tattoo, the true story.
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 09:59:38 am »
I was on the receiving end of one of those goodnight kisses.... very effective... Well played ^.^

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2013, 10:02:30 am »
It's kind of funny how often casters mistake passing through the wreckage of a ship right after it died for ramming.

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2013, 01:56:21 pm »
I mean, I'm sorry, but when you're barreling towards a Spire with your nose pointed directly at it, into the middle of the firing arc of the entire other team, it certainly looks like you're planning to ram, whether your guns are a-blazing or not ;)

Offline Fade

• Salutes: 9
    • [S]
    • View Profile
    • Fade's youtube
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2013, 06:00:18 pm »
I addressed this during the Cogs stream but I'll also say something here. I say stupid things sometimes. When spectating a match I can only guess at the logic the captains are employing based on my own knowledge of the game mechanics at the high end, which I'll admit I'm still working on. I try not to be too harsh of a critic of those in the hotseat, but at the same time a pace must be maintained from a commentary standpoint. I generally go with the first thought that comes to mind based on what little I know for sure, which often maybe incorrect. I welcome any corrections or clarifications which help me improve as a caster.

That being said, I will be more mindful and keep an eye out for the "GOODNIGHT KISS" in the future.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 06:08:23 pm by Fade »