Author Topic: Fix before you....o wait(1.3)  (Read 12402 times)

Offline MasX

• Salutes: 26
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
Fix before you....o wait(1.3)
« on: July 04, 2013, 01:35:15 pm »
in 1.3 if u don't know u cant spray  while the hull is on cool down

so will u fix first or spray first

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Fix before you....o wait(1.3)
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2013, 01:37:52 pm »
Depends on remaining health, which component it is and how many stacks of fire are on it.

I know a lot of people are complaining about this change but I think it adds a lot of depth to engineering since engineers will reallyhave to make choices and the ones who choose best will turn the tide of battle more than ever.

Offline MasX

• [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 01:40:02 pm »
if I don't fix first the hull will die if I don't spray the  thing I just fixed will burn while I wait  lose lose   maybe pipe wrench

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013, 01:43:24 pm »
Flare-gatling-flak Junker trifecta. That just about sums it up (even with the flare nerf).

Offline Surette

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 24
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Personal homepage
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2013, 02:06:03 pm »
Going to require a lot more proactive chem spraying as opposed to reactive extinguishing. I'm excited, because it'll make engineering require a lot more strategy and skill in order to be effective. Keep in mind that the extinguisher cooldown has been halved in addition to this change, so it won't be completely impossible to use an extinguisher with its cooldown, but I imagine I'll use chem spray a lot more often.

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2013, 02:11:56 pm »
But what if you get flared :o

Offline MasX

• [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2013, 02:14:23 pm »
Going to require a lot more proactive chem spraying as opposed to reactive extinguishing. I'm excited, because it'll make engineering require a lot more strategy and skill in order to be effective. Keep in mind that the extinguisher cooldown has been halved in addition to this change, so it won't be completely impossible to use an extinguisher with its cooldown, but I imagine I'll use chem spray a lot more often.

what about new players its gonna be tough

Offline -Muse- Cullen

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 47
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2013, 05:27:32 pm »
Hey guys- thanks for the feedback. This is, in fact, a test build, and we want this sort of feedback on what's going on with the changes. However, can you send your thoughts on this to feedback@musegames.com ? If we can organize people's thoughts there, we can discuss your feelings on what's been changed.

Offline MasX

• [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2013, 08:15:13 pm »
Hey guys- thanks for the feedback. This is, in fact, a test build, and we want this sort of feedback on what's going on with the changes. However, can you send your thoughts on this to feedback@musegames.com ? If we can organize people's thoughts there, we can discuss your feelings on what's been changed.

k cul np

Offline Byron Cavendish

• Salutes: 89
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2013, 02:46:38 pm »
I really like this change. It makes flames, whether it be from a flamethrower, incendiary, or banshee a real threat rather than a nuisance. I think it's so strong in fact that it just adds more dimensions to play styles; i that we have a very dangerous close range threat, to go with all the medium and long range options.

Offline MasX

• [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2013, 09:22:53 pm »
I really like this change. It makes flames, whether it be from a flamethrower, incendiary, or banshee a real threat rather than a nuisance. I think it's so strong in fact that it just adds more dimensions to play styles; i that we have a very dangerous close range threat, to go with all the medium and long range options.

watching the hull burn on hull cool down feels like a lost because of bad game  mechanics rather then lack of skill

to bring this change now is kind of backwards

Offline Surette

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 24
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Personal homepage
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2013, 09:05:51 am »
watching the hull burn on hull cool down feels like a lost because of bad game  mechanics rather then lack of skill

to bring this change now is kind of backwards
Weren't you talking earlier about fire needing to be more effective? Now it is. I don't see the issue. Just repair to full health before extinguishing.

Offline Moo

• Salutes: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2013, 09:25:51 am »
Or chemspray until the fire's out (shorter cooldown than mallet) then repair.

Offline Locutus of borg

• Salutes: 7
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2013, 12:18:38 am »
personally I liked it in the old days when fire did almost nothing but disable weapons.  Couldn't take down a ship with it but you could sure as heck disable it

Offline Mattisamo

• Salutes: 12
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2013, 05:38:46 am »
personally I liked it in the old days when fire did almost nothing but disable weapons.  Couldn't take down a ship with it but you could sure as heck disable it
1 stack of fire on that gun? No shooting for you ^^