Author Topic: Jace's new patch notes.  (Read 20759 times)

Offline JaceBoojah

• Salutes: 42
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Jace's new patch notes.
« on: July 04, 2013, 02:57:42 am »
Preface:  With my team the brood we have kind of pledged to be a anti sniping brawl team that did not sit and snipe.  It is very hard to kill a sniping team that has good formation, sometimes it seems impossible, but we have adapted to fight those odds instead of resorting to snipe ourselves. 
Our toughest job is closing the gap between us and a long range formation.

These are my notes on the new patch strictly from my team's mindset.

the biggest game changers is BUFFED MERC and NERFED GAT.

Nerfed gat will hurt my close range build's DPS but I really think the game needed it to break up the gat flak meta some.

The buffed Merc though is devastating to my cause.

Rotation speed is up
Rotation angle is up from 20 to 30 degrees (not a hard number yet)
reload time is down from 6 seconds to 5 seconds
Bullets now penetrate all the way through the ship destroying all guns and engines in their path.

Why did the merc need a buff??
Why such a huge buff??

20 degrees was a good number because is made it so only 2 mercs could ever hit the same target on any ship.  now 45 degree angle gun spots can have mercs hit the same target.  Spires can have 2 mercs plus a heavy gun on a single target and mobulas can have 3 mercs on a target AND get a 3 merc + 1 Artemus quadfecta.

Tripple merc Mobulas.  get ready.

Ships can go up and down easier! yay!

I have not figured out the mine launchers place on my ship yet.

I will make more posts.

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Jace's new patch notes.
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2013, 08:43:54 am »
I might just not come back from  my vacation.

Offline James T. Kirk

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 182
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
    • The Cake Official Website!
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 09:33:31 am »
^^ if it wasn't for the fire buff, I would agree with you.

Offline Sammy B. T.

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013, 09:45:41 am »
It's not a fire buff as much as it is an engineer tool nerf. I can't fathom a reason why the merc and the lumberjack got buffed. They were hardly ineffective or underused. Competitive brawl may be dead.

Offline Chrinus

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 10
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2013, 09:50:30 am »
Exactly my current concerns, Jace. On top of reducing a brawlers ability to engage on a snipe camp, lochnagar is now allowing weapons to turn when loaded albeit slowly. While the brawling changes are for the better of the game - I'm at a loss as to why the merc received such loving treatment given it's popularity in the competitive field. It's already so rewarding that it's the default long range forgoing explosives to bear a 2nd merc if capable.

The merc and loch changes together make the long game nauseatingly powerful. Every merc change I completely disagree with. The turning on loch has to be revoked immediately - the numbers are far too rewarding on a galleons heavy weapons (lochnagar carronade/heavy flak weak side anyone? I hear you like insta-gibs.)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 09:52:04 am by Chrinus »

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2013, 09:52:46 am »
Now now, stuff can fixes before the patch is released. I think it'll become rather clear in the next few days that something is horribly wrong with a lot of the changes.

If it doesn't, get ready to see sniping matches on long-range maps, and "long-range" Galleons demolishing everything on close-range maps.

I love the merc, but it didn't need that. I think it's fairly clear that the changes are meant to make it replace the Gatling (and I say replace, because the gat was very, very badly over-nerfed). With that extra arc, it can handle close-range engagements better. With the shorter reload (in addition to the heavy clip nerf) it'll be putting out more DPS than the gat. With the penetration... That's just extra. And also unecessary. The merc is supposed to be a long range hull stripper and component disabler. The gat is supposed to do that close up. Now the merc can do both, and the gat can't really do either.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 09:58:54 am by N-Sunderland »

Offline Chrinus

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 10
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2013, 09:56:20 am »
Now now, stuff can fixes before the patch is released. I think it'll become rather clear in the next few days that something is horribly wrong with a lot of the changes.

Exactly. I'm in the hopes that making our voices heard will expedite this process.

Offline Sammy B. T.

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2013, 09:59:43 am »
Was the gat itself nerfed or just heavy?

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2013, 10:01:16 am »
As far as I know only heavy, but that directly translates into a gat nerf.

Offline James T. Kirk

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 182
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
    • The Cake Official Website!
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2013, 10:05:43 am »
Remember, this is Muse here, not some huge multi-million dollar industry.

Unless I'm mistaken, they have developed about 3 games total, and two of those have minimum attention on them.

Guns of Icarus is their main concern, and with everyone freaking out about the unnecessary buffs (the long range weapons, mainly) I have faith that they'll go back and change some stuff.

But credit where credit is due. The nerf of heavy rounds: ingenious.

Totally meta-changing, while keeping the core of both weapons intact.
It encourages closer combat fighting, but not without a counter (fire).

I may be wrong here, but I think Muse is trying to make sniping more meta.
It already was good, but gat/flak was better.

Personally, I think Muse should have left the merc and the LJ where they were an let people discover then again.

Then again, I've never made a PvP game.
I trust Muse not to utterly destroy this thing we all know and love, and I sincerely hope they don't let me down.

Offline Echoez

• Salutes: 40
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2013, 10:23:01 am »
Lochnagar didn't need buffs, all changes need to be averted.

Mercury didn't need a buff all changes, averted as well.

Turn the second damn gun on the top deck of a Spire an other 45 degrees so it can face the front.

Reduce the base bullet spread of the gatling.

Remove the muzzle speed penalty from Heavy clip, fire rate nerf is enough by itself.

These things need to be done if we are to have a decent chance at brawling, else sniping will reign supreme, it was already way too powerful, it needed no further buffing.

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2013, 10:26:20 am »
Loch may have needed a buff, but whoa, this is waaaaay too much. It pretty much eliminates the need for arming time to exist, and it no longer kills light guns, and it allows the guns to rotate a bit. I'd say that the last two changes were in order, but the first one? What?!?

Agreed on everything else, Echo.

Offline MasX

• Salutes: 26
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2013, 10:27:05 am »
whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy museeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
why buff the mer    WHY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MUSE  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MERC BUFF  WHYYYYYY JUST WHYYYY   MOBULA 5 FOWARD MERCS WITH BUFF MERCS WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUT IF THEY BUFF THE MERC  NERF THE GAT   NOTHING TO PRESSURE MERC   MERC MERC   WHY DOES MUSE HATE ME  MERC MERC MERC MERC MECR  EUQHRYUHJFNSDJGNHSJVAGTNAJNSLWVMIJ  WHAT CAN OUT SNIP A MERC WITH MERC ROUNDS IN THE MERC MECR MEMVCMWIONWERO;UNRSKHGJSFMK.;L,RXDS;./RSXDL;KO'>E4R3T7;LP0K[/1 

Offline Echoez

• Salutes: 40
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2013, 10:28:27 am »
Everything changed in Carronadeland when the point blank Lumberjack insta-balloon poppers attacked..
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 10:37:43 am by EchoLG »

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2013, 10:31:22 am »
Everything changed in Carronadeland the the point blank Lumberjack insta-balloon poppers attacked..

Yup...

EDIT: For anybody wondering why my name in the dev app is hashtagswagyolo... I was screwing around with the name changes, and I learned about the 2-change cap the hard way.