Author Topic: 1.3 General Speculation  (Read 112440 times)

Offline MasX

• Salutes: 26
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
Re: 1.3 General Speculation
« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2013, 07:16:21 am »
new build  sucks game play wise new meta mob with 5 mercs    why the hell would u buff the merc muse  u dropped the ball on this one

Offline Andrej Peribosky

• Salutes: 4
    • [MAF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 04, 2013, 07:17:11 am »
I will probably write something more detailed later for feeedback, but currently i am VERY VERY WORRIED the new meta will switch to sniper camping protected by a wall of mines.
This will be INCREDIBLY BORING.

Offline MasX

• [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 04, 2013, 07:47:03 am »
Mercs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
mercs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
upgrade whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
WHyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy MUSE WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY    MINE LANCHER IS FUN THO  BUT MERCS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ON A MOBULA WHEN U CAN HAVE 4 MERCS FIRING WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Echoez

• Salutes: 40
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2013, 09:02:13 am »
Here are some more.

Lochnagar mines everywhere.
Tears and frustration of all brawling players.
Lumberjacks destroying balloons instanly in carronade range.
Mercuries are now even more stupid than before.
Spire is now a true glass cannon with the damage to back it up.
Gat/Flak got thrown out of the window.
Heavy clip range reduction on raycast weapons screws up both Gat and Carronades.
Flames would be viable if sniping was so stupidly powerful.
Weeeeeee! We can now fly up and down faster! To space it is!
Ofiach ragequits the game.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2013, 09:15:23 am »
It... Confounds me that they buffed the merc and the lumberjack. I certainly didn't think those guns were OP, but a buff? For what?

Of course, this is all subject to change. If it becomes clear that some things are a problem, I'm sure Muse will fix them.

Offline MasX

• [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2013, 10:14:56 am »
who ever does the balancing  doesn't play enough Icarus

Offline MasX

• [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 04, 2013, 10:48:46 am »
and fire ext  cant  spray on cool down now that's just dumb    if these patch goes uncheck I might just have to sit this one out

Offline naufrago

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 10
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2013, 10:57:11 am »
So this is the dev build. Hopefully, they're just testing things out to see what effects they have, just random experiment sorta things, since this is the dev build. Hopefully, Muse don't actually go through with a lot of these changes. Hopefully, Muse is listening. Hopefullyhopefullyhopefully...

Offline dragonmere

• Salutes: 45
    • [COx]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 04, 2013, 10:57:34 am »
Negative Nancy time.

HIGHLY disappointed with the clan tag system. As a member of a VERY small clan (~90% of which are on extended hiatus due to the lack of competition outside of/inability to attend COGs-prime-time :( ), I was really hoping for some type of actual clan tools - Recruiting , a clan roster, admittance, kicking, reserved tag, etc. All we get is the ability to add four characters before our names. For quite a while I have purposely not been recruit spamming chat, voice, and forums in anticipation of this patch, hoping I'd be able to finally get some pull against the big clans, but I guess not. As it stands, the only ways to be an attractive clan to new players are: 1) Be Ducks/Gents 2) Do well in COGs. Completely ignoring my personal dilemma with COGs time, the problem with 2 being that it's hard to put together a team for COGs if you can't recruit. That leaves you the option to get 3-7 players that you know outside of the game, and form a team or half-team and fill the rest of the slots with random players. Other than that you can SPAM and blindly recruit and accept everyone, which doesn't seem cohesive in a game where actual coordination and teamwork is paramount, but I guess I'll have to give that a try. Cohort is recruiting: https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,825.0.html

I love that fire is no longer a total joke, but I don't like it being due to changes with fire-control. Lets say you're about to get hit by flamethrower(s). Your best bet is to constantly run back and forth between components and guns "pre" spraying, which means you're not shooting. Miss one component, and it's gonna have a LOT more than 3 stacks of fire on it before you can say "Mobula" - Taking the time to remove multiple stacks of fire with chem spray is not a good idea, so that component is now effectively dead.  Or... you could bring extinguisher, and constantly run around putting out fires, except you won't be able to ALSO be repairing things. So as soon as the fire is out, you're gonna get another one during cooldown. Components are slowly chipped away, and your ship is effectively locked worse than during "Artemis Buff Week". Any other strategy that I can think of involves using multiple engineers, usually 3 (one repairing, one spraying, one extinguishing) but maybe you could sneak by with two (chem/extinguish). If you've got nothing but repairs going on, yeah you could keep up with the fire, but again you're effectively "locked", as you won't be putting out any damage. Parking on top of an enemy with an all flame squid is stupid effective. I understand that this makes fire more powerful (MUCH NEEDED), but it makes it that way by making the repairs less fun for engineers, not by increasing the strength of flames.

I understand WHY it's there, but I'm very scared about mines having team damage, not to mention the only weapon with the possibility of a team kill. I've never rage-quit a match before, but I can't guarantee that once this patch goes live. Between trolly players, new players, and strategy-impaired players, I'm assuming there will be a lot of friendly mines floating around. Without any way to spot them or have them on the map, and considering that you CANNOT see behind and above you on the pyramidion (probably other ships too but who cares), backing up in a brawl just became a nightmare. Some type of automatic spot on friendly mines would totally fix everything about this complaint.

Now some quickies:

The new heavy clip: Could someone explain to me WHEN it is supposed to be useful? It's totally completely and utterly useless now.

Mercs: Why did they get a buff? Seriously. Just WHY?

Mobula: Seems easier to kill than spire, especially with ~50% of the ship being a blind-spot. Best bet flying it is 3 AI crew, all mercs. Park in a corner, F2. Scary effective.

Lets end with Good Things: UI looks way cleaner. New ship/gun models are very nice. Forming a party has good potential, but between 'form party' and 'form crew', also the potential to be confusing as hell. Enjoying the new room-chat, and party-chat.

PS. Cohort is recruiting: https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,825.0.html
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 11:17:56 am by dragonmere »

Offline Moo

• Salutes: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 04, 2013, 12:49:33 pm »
3. Mobula...name stinks. Ship is going to be interesting and I can see potential for competitive play but the name stinks. Sounds like someone mated Morbie and Scott Bakula.

Yeah, or Mob (or MOBA, bleh!) mixed with Dracula... Ugh.

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 04, 2013, 01:16:32 pm »
Heavy clip is still great for light flak, hwacha and carronades.

Offline Echoez

• [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 04, 2013, 01:26:45 pm »
Here's the new brawling build for a Goldfish

Heavy Flak loaded with Lochanagar, double Gatlings. Make a pass with the gatlings till their armor is down, turn around, blow them up instantly with the Loch shot from the Heavy Flak from point blank range.

Also remove carronades from the game while you are at it, the LJ can do the same thing they were build for in their range now and is much more accurate :P
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 01:29:36 pm by EchoLG »

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 04, 2013, 01:30:35 pm »
@Smollett On the light carronade? I don't think so. That reduced fire rate and range end up giving greased the edge.

@Echo What I expect to see is the double loch merc Pyra paired with loch flak Goldfish on close-range maps. Get up close, destroy their arnour with the mercs (if they shoot simultaneously, it's an instant destroy on the armour of every single ship), and finish them with the flak.

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 04, 2013, 01:35:18 pm »
Heavy clip on light carronades is quite good for component destruction.

Offline Echoez

• [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 04, 2013, 01:38:15 pm »
@Smollett On the light carronade? I don't think so. That reduced fire rate and range end up giving greased the edge.

@Echo What I expect to see is the double loch merc Pyra paired with loch flak Goldfish on close-range maps. Get up close, destroy their arnour with the mercs (if they shoot simultaneously, it's an instant destroy on the armour of every single ship), and finish them with the flak.

Well what are the possible meta builds?

Double Merc Pyra + FlakFish

Double Merc Pyra + Lumberfish

Sniper Galleon + 2Merc/Brawl Junker

2Merc/Brawl Junker + Merc/Mortar Pyra

Flame/Mine Squid + Merc/Mortar Pyra

And of couse the best of all, Kamikazidion, with double Mine launchers front loaded with Loch rounds.