Author Topic: New... Bunch of questions  (Read 7675 times)

Offline xsabrewulf

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
New... Bunch of questions
« on: July 07, 2013, 01:43:03 pm »
I just bought the game, played one game and loved it! just got some questions...

1. Whats the benefit of a gunner if the engineer can man turrets as well?

2. How many different unique air ships are there?

3. Why such a low population game? When i played 1pm EST there were only 89 people playing.

4. When this new adventure mode comes out, will it be free for us? and will they continue to upgrade this game?

Offline Pickle

• Salutes: 42
    • [AeBr]
    • View Profile
Re: New... Bunch of questions
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 01:49:21 pm »
1.  Gunners can utilise more than one ammunition type.  The utility of the Gunner as a frequent question, I think a single Gunner has their place on a crew.  Some people won't use a Gunner at all on their crew and some Captains will use two Gunners with some ship builds.  As a new player, it's best to start games as an Engineer and talk to your Captain before deviating too far from the vanilla player role (spanner, mallet, extinguisher, heavy clip, spyglass).

2.  Play the game or read the website, see link at top of forum.

3.  It's a hot weekend in Europe, many players also have offline lives.  The population you see will be very dependent on when you play.  The population you see "Waiting" does no count those already in an active match.

4. It will be payable DLC for those that have not already paid for it as part of the Kickstarter project.

Question 2 is quite silly.

Offline xsabrewulf

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 01:53:52 pm »
Yea, question was kind of silly... I am on a tablet and I didn't see the ships pulldown.

Ignore questions 2 :)

When you say DLC will I still need this game? or will the Adventure Mode be Standalone?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 01:56:50 pm by xsabrewulf »

Offline JaceBoojah

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 01:59:30 pm »
1. That is a common thought and is a balance issue, and with balance it talk a lot of time and tweaking.  In the patch coming out tuesday the heavy clip, which is your one stop solution for most guns, will be nerfed. this will create more of a demand for gunner with 3 ammo types

2. 7, but because you can customize your build there are exactly 374858 different ship load outs (after patch).

3.  then number in the top left counts players not currently playing in a match.  So there where 89 + everyone in game.  which admittedly isn't that high.

4.  No.  (correct me if I'm wrong)

Offline Pickle

• [AeBr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 04:58:23 pm »
When you say DLC will I still need this game? or will the Adventure Mode be Standalone?

Without reading back the very long thread on Kickstarter I can't say for sure, but I think you will either need SM or SM will come with it, i.e. my guess is that it will be available as an upgrade (to SM) and as a complete product (including SM and AM).

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2013, 12:35:09 pm »
4. Make note that Muse is constantly releasing new content such as new maps, new weapons, and new ships. The game I bought back in October is very different than the game we are playing now.

Offline dragonmere

• Salutes: 45
    • [COx]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2013, 04:27:58 pm »
Adventure Mode will be a DLC or series of DLC that will require GoIO to run. Head over to the Muse Store to grab it on pre-prerelease for a $10 donation. When Adventure Mode is released next year, you will get an e-mail containing the activation code for the Adventure Mode DLC on Steam.  If it ends up being necessary for Muse to release Adventure Mode as several smaller packages, you will receive a separate e-mail containing a key for each DLC as it is released. It will not matter how you acquired GoIO on Steam, be it retail purchase, Kickstarter, or Indie deal. As long as you already have Skirmish Mode you will be able to activate the key(s) for the Adventure Mode DLC.

The suggestion to donate $10 now is for anyone who missed the Adventure Mode Kickstarter, or only were able to back at the $5 level at the time. The donation is the best way to be sure to get the entire Adventure Mode experience as thriftily as possible, while still helping to support the development.