Author Topic: What did you name your ship and why?  (Read 226231 times)

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
Re: What did you name your ship and why?
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2013, 02:35:36 am »
Renamed my Goldfish from "Golden Phoenix" to "Externus Exterminatus." The "Golden Phoenix" no longer has its flame wings and I am loathed to call it a Phoenix if it doesn't have flame wings. Also its the name of Inquisitor Vale's private ship from the Caphias Cain 40K novels.

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 119
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2013, 01:21:20 am »
Ahhh the hero of the Imperium.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2013, 09:19:04 am »
For those few who have not seen one of my boats flying around, here are my names that I really havent changed since I named them. THey tell a story both individually and as a whole of my early exploits in piloting.

Goldfish - Then it caught fire - I would always manage to catch fire in this boat. Probably since a side gun normally included a flamer.
Pyramidion - And i got shot - Got shot alot in this. It was also my first ever boat to fly.
Spire- We didnt survive - Its a Spire, hard to argue the name.
Galleon - Then it was fixed - This was the first boat i piloted out the gate and didnt get obliterated. Thus the uplifting name.
Junker- But then it broke - Love it to death but there is always something broken on it.
Squid - However we died - My first squid experiences were iffy, but by then i had been piloting for awhile. Good times.

Offline dinnerpartydan

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2013, 06:59:13 pm »
Named my Goldfish the H.M.S. Nicholas Cage for absolutely no reason. Likewise, my Pyramidion is The Pie In The Sky. I suppose I went for the humorous approach rather than following any sort of logic...  :P

Offline Linen

• Salutes: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2013, 09:46:27 pm »
I like to keep mine all in the same theme.

My ships are all named after Conceptual Fish from the book The Raw Shark Texts.

Squid: Hypsochronidae -- (Shifted Salmon) http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1059/1342622735_8d7a55e4a0_o.jpg

Junker: Ludogranian -- http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1159/1342622745_7879cca773_o.jpg

Goldfish: Serrasalmerrida -- (Deconstructive Piranhas) http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1183/1342622731_1d55fcc180_o.jpg

Spire: Aptiphage

Pyramidion: Ludovician
Member of the Cognicharius family, a species of predatory, purely conceptual fish that flow in the rivers of human knowledge. They are solitary, territorial and see only people, especially the ones they are hunting. It eats memories and is the biggest and most aggressive of the conceptual animals—rogue males sometimes focus on one food source. They are impossible to keep alive in captivity once they become adults and evolve totally naturally. They can grow as long as thirty notional lumens from snout to tail. First catalogued in 1839 by USC Capt. John Lewis. Myths: ancient Native Americans believed that these great dream fishes consumed all of the dreams, memories, events and identities of the people would be consumed and stored within the Ludovician. -- from https://rawsharktexts.pbworks.com/w/page/13023547/Conceptual-Fish -- http://www.myspace.com/ludovicianband/photos/3887681

Galleon: Meglovician

So yeah. I like it.

Offline Morblitz

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 35
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2013, 11:25:09 pm »
My Galleon is called the Galacducka.
As a Duck, I'm pretty pleased with that one.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 11:41:51 pm by Morblitz »

Offline Babee Teeeth

• Salutes: 2
    • [NCiv]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2013, 01:02:36 am »
Squid: USS Freedom - Named after the new US Navy Littoral Combat Ship
Goldfish: Busy Bee - I suck with Goldfish and I pretty much end up moving around the map doing little to nothing. :(
Spire: Sooyoung - One of my favorite girls from K-Pop group Girl's Generation. She's the tallest in the group and the Spire is the tallest in the game, so there you have it.
Pyramidion: Bow Pricker - Because the bow is where I prick ships the most. Also,
Galleon: Sixty Shades of Hue - There's six guns in total on a Galleon, and Sixty Shades of Hue sounds like "Fifty Shades of Gray" so...
Junker: Katzenjammer - "German word literally meaning "cat's wail" (caterwaul) and hence "discordant sound", sometimes used to indicate a general state of depression or bewilderment or in reference to a hangover."

Offline MasX

• Salutes: 26
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2013, 11:05:44 am »
Squid  G. Bision
G for gents  bision for street fighters m.bision
My reason for naming my squid  after M.bision
Is because bision  has no defends and usually
Attack the head of his opponent

Goldfish G.honda
Goldfish with hwatcha is like  100 hand also also
And then when I ram it's like a flying headbutt

Offline Ciciro

• Salutes: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2013, 02:43:13 pm »
The Red Herring, after the original Red Herring.

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 164
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2013, 07:15:24 am »
i saw a russian guy called his ship the,
USS FISTF**K

dont know if its apropriate or that the ship needs to be censored

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2013, 11:45:24 am »
3 of my ships have undergone name changes, due to SOME people complaining that shark bait is not a proper Pyra name (It worked in my mind Okay! :P):

Goldfish: Not My Fault
               Apparently, anything bad that happens in game is my fault :P So I'm trying to pass the blame somewhere else with this one :P

Pyramidion: He Did It
               Another pass the buck ship name...

Squid: Wasn't Fast Enough
               I was playing some squid racing yesterday, and I was prolly the slowest of the pack (I have yet to get used to squid flying)

Offline Pickle

• Salutes: 42
    • [AeBr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2013, 04:58:04 am »
I changed the names of several ships a few weeks ago.  Problem Child (Squid), Only Slightly Bent (Spire) and Congenital Optimist (Junker) are all named for Culture ships in Iain M Banks novels.  Given yesterday's sad announcement from IMB, I will be leaving them as they are for a while.  Gunboat Diplomat (Goldfish) was already named for a Culture ship, although Midnight Cowgirl (Pyra) is unconnected to anything..

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 42
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2013, 04:47:15 pm »
3 of my ships have undergone name changes, due to SOME people complaining that shark bait is not a proper Pyra name (It worked in my mind Okay! :P):

Apparently, anything bad that happens in game is my fault :P So I'm trying to pass the blame somewhere else with this one :P

I was playing some squid racing yesterday, and I was prolly the slowest of the pack (I have yet to get used to squid flying)

Let's be honest, everything is your fault. EVERYTHING!

Offline Helmic

• Salutes: 35
    • [NCNS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2013, 05:50:34 pm »
i saw a russian guy called his ship the,
USS FISTF**K

dont know if its apropriate or that the ship needs to be censored

I will cry tears of blood if I don't get to face that ship again.

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2013, 06:11:35 pm »

Let's be honest, everything is your fault. EVERYTHING!

:'(