Author Topic: What did you name your ship and why?  (Read 225389 times)

Offline Tharnator

• Salutes: 4
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
Re: What did you name your ship and why?
« Reply #315 on: January 28, 2014, 07:36:51 pm »
Pyra: Dashing Rainbow
Simply put: i'm a ponidude and like to dash into enemy ships with my pyra. (Sometimes even into allied ships :D)
Goldfish: Ye olde Phoenix
for me, the Goldfish will always be the phoenix, mostly because it looks like a Firenation ship. The ye olde part is just because it's funnier
Mobula: Loaf of bread
Pretty self explanatory. I mean look at it!
Spire: Falling Dagger
I really loved TESII: Daggerfall and the Spire kinda looks like a dagger...
Galleon: Panzerfaust
German Anti-tank weapon from WWII, literally meaning armourfist. I called it that because the armoured Galleon really packs a punch
Squid: Jak's Hellcat
Named after Jak's vehicle in Jak and Daxter: the lost frontier. I really loved that game back in the days. Also, the name is cool
Junker: Scavanger
At first it was called "10% rat-free", but now i can't use % in the name anymore, so i had to improvise.

Offline Captain Lockheart

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 52
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 08, 2014, 11:24:01 am »
MY NEW NAMES!.
I actually change ship names like every 2 months. But the good ones stick on for 3 months sometimes ;)

This month, its a Regal themey type thing:

Pyramidion: The King's Hand
Game of Thrones reference. The right hand man of the king, the man who deals the king or queens verdict to the Crowns Justice.

Galleon: The Crown's Justice
Often known as the headsman, or royal executioner. Or simply the Royal Sword used for executions. Given to the Galleon because, its a instakill alongside a pyra. And it can take of any mans head and deliver justice at the same time.

Junker: The Old Hand
In reference to the, old look of the Junker. The old, worn out. Kings right hand man. Also in reference to my previous skill and killstreaks with the Junker. Of which i can no longer do.

Goldfish: The King in the North
Another GoT reference, its my favourite ship to look at, but my second favourite to fly. Thus it gets the supreme title of King in the North.

Spire: The Lightning Lord
The fact that a spire, despite its frailness it can hit very hard, and does well at it.

Mobula: Just Die
Well, mainly. I HATE MOBULAS, Not going against them, just flying them. I think there stupid, aesthetically (and aesthetics is a very important thing to me :P) and strategically. I just don't like them. Many disagree im sure, but that is my opinion.

Offline Ariden

• Salutes: 21
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 09, 2014, 12:25:14 am »
Pyramidion: Bridget Blindside (I already said why before)

Galleon: Skybound Wagoneer - because it reminds me of a big, giant wagon full of guns and people that is flying through the skies. So that explains the Wagoneer and the Skybound.

Junker: SG Squashboard. SG stands for Side-Guns, and Squashboard because the Junker is the squashed up deck of a ship and very skinny.

All the rest are professors. Because it makes them sound professional. And educated.

Spire: Professor Snorkel - because it is long like a snorkel.
Squid: Professor Squid - This was the original name I gave to it, and I couldn't change it to anything more creative. I have an attachment with this name <3 (I am a Squid pilot)
Mobula: Professor Jellyfish - Professor Marshmallow didn't fit. Either way, it looks like a jellyfish, anyone agree? Anyone? Anyone?
Golfish: Professor Tadpole - Named as a reminder of my childhood superhero: El Chavo. His superhero name was El Renacuajo Vengador (The Vengeful Tadpole)

Offline Theravis

• Salutes: 2
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 11, 2014, 11:15:54 am »
So far, only 3 ships really named but:

V.S.S. Fenris (Junker)- Contrary to popular opinion, it ISN'T named after the whiny elf from Dragon Age 2 (Although I did love that game.) It's named after the wolf that bit off Tyr's (The god of heroism) hand in Norse myth.

V.S.S. Surprise (Squid)- Both as an homage to Master and Commander, and because nothing is better than an enemy locking on to a ship that just appeared out of nowhere and is named Surprise.

V.S.S. Mjolnir (Mobula)- Its a Mobula. Mobulas are shaped like hammers. You do the math.