Author Topic: What did you name your ship and why?  (Read 226157 times)

Offline Radigan

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: What did you name your ship and why?
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2013, 04:34:35 am »
The only ship name I've actually put any thought into is the Galleon - "Shes One of Ours Sir"

my devious plan is to confuse enemy captains as the second mate tells them who they're fighting.

Offline Helmic

• Salutes: 35
    • [NCNS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2013, 06:32:07 am »
An update:

Fat Bastard - What else is a Galleon?
Annoying Little POS - And what else is a Squid?
Knicknack Paddywagon - A Junker with way too many different guns on board.
Smiling Snack - The Snack That Smiles Back wouldn't fit.
Pewter Piper - Your typical asshole sniping Spire.
Poop Deck Pricker (rip march 2013) - The infamous Pyramidion, the prow's getting some "debris" from all that pricking.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 09:47:03 pm by Phoebe »

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2013, 09:13:08 am »
Pyramidion: Shark Bait
Kinda looks like a shark's tooth if you look at it the right way...

Goldfish: Trial by Fire
Usually a blenderfish that had 2 flammers on the side... This has currently changed, so the name may change

Spire: Unwise Decision
Haven't practiced with this airship yet, so the name seemed fitting...

Junker: Scrap Heap
Junk means that it's not salvageable... while scrap can make something...

Squid: Locke
Placeholder name for when I practice and get better with it

Galleon: USS Diode
Who knows.... Lack of sleep may have played a factor in this name

Offline RethBurn

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 71
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2013, 06:26:52 am »
K, so I themed all of my ships from Hangar ships in the different Gundam Franchises:

From the recent Series, Unicorn.

Squid: Ra Cailum. I don't actually know -why- i called it that, since the Ra Cailum is a heavy-class hangar ship, but I liked the name

Junker: Garencieres. It's quite obvious when you look at the Neo Zeons and say: "It's a bunch of Junk..!..ers"

Moving on to a hated franchise, the AGE series. I actually liked it personally, for the ship-designs.

Spire - Diva: Now, the Diva is a mediocre ship to be honest, but it has like this "Pwncannon" on the front, sort of like a spire. Besides that it's horribly old and probably easily picked apart.

Goldfish - Baronoke: Ahh, A pirate ship, the Baronoke is my favorite ship, in all of the series. The crew and their captain is bad-ass, and I can't help but feel awesome with that name, especially since i usually use alot of stuff to bluff and juke with it, like a pirate!

Then there's a solo ship from the 00-Series.

Pyramidion - Ptolemaios. I know i know! The goldfish and pyramidion should probably have switched names, but I don't care! Who but the daring Rethburn would try to replicate the ideas of Ramming into a space-station with your capital ship and make it your base. All the while where you shoot out and get your fighters to take the station?!

And here ofcourse, a time-lost classic, it's the one that started it all, 30 years ago.

Galleon - White Base, commonly known as the original bad-ass, this ship housed the RX-78-2 Gundam, and it fought during the One Year War, it, along with the Gundam became the most feared thing on a battlefield. If you saw it, you were dead already.

Offline ATeddyBear

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 12
    • [HRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2013, 01:53:01 pm »
Squid: We Will Die

Pyrmid: We Will Lose

Junker: Lead Balloon

Spire: Pointy Thing (I'm going to rename this at some point)

Goldfish: Guppy

Galleon: We Won't Win

I like to set reasonable expectations for my crew members.

Offline Captain Magellan

• Salutes: 13
    • [VAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2013, 04:47:25 pm »
Squid: U.S.S. Arrow
Based off of the ship that Captain Magellan (who was a character I based off of Lord Nelson from my Pathfinder Campaign (hence my name)) piloted. However, the ship that Captain Magellan piloted was a class suited to ramming but the name still fits the Squid.

Goldfish: U.S.S. Stottlemire
Entirely void of back story, just a random idea surge from my AMAZING head.

Spire: Korinth
I needed a classy name for my epic ship so I randomly took the city Corinth, and replaced the C with a K, and PRESTO! An epic ship name.

Pyramidion: Polarus
A misspelling of the star. At first, I didn't realize I had misspelled it; but when I did, I kept the first form because the U looked much better than the I. Sue me.

Junker: Illithid
A fantastical creature that is the racial enemy of Githyanki. Totally and completely void of a back story.

Galleon: Yet to be constructed
The title is self explanatory. I haven't flown this one.

Offline Letus

• Salutes: 34
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2013, 01:34:28 am »
Oh man...

Okay so I guess I'll TRY to explain

Spire -- Cucumber Kumquat:  NateDawg told me to ._.

Squid -- Forrest Gump:  Well.  Squids are fast right?  Forrest Gump runs alot, so run, Forrest, run!

Goldfish -- Lumbering Jack:  The name used to be the Omnom Nom Sandvich, but the Goldfish is a "Lumberfish."  Then one day I had Monty Python's "Lumberjack Song" stuck in my head for who knows why....probably because I was watching Monty Python...

Pyrmidion -- Pÿrmähërmäfürgër:  If you were ever on NateDawg's ship, and we were against a Pyramidion...that's what he called them.  I threw in the umlauts because I could.

Junker -- Nautical Nonsense:  ...to be honest...I have no clue why.

Galleon -- Omnom Nom Sandvich:  Originally named "Nintendo 64," because...well those things last forever still, and "Areallylongnameforashipyouwon'tbelievehowlongthisis," but after an unfortunate glitch...had to be renamed something short.  The Omnom Nom Sandvich came from what was originally a Lumberjack Goldfish that was going to be named the "Uncommon Ship" since it's loadout was uncommon, however, I missed the "c" and it came out the "Unommon Ship," then evolved into the "Nomnom Ship," in which...well...evolved into the Sandvich. 

These ships--with the exception to the Pyramidion--aren't set in stone and will most likely change over time.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2013, 05:48:36 pm »
Updated ship list:

Pyramidion: HMCS Duck Pharoah
Goldfish: HMCS Aquaduckt
Galleon: HMCS Steel Drake
Spire: HMCS Duck Hunt
Squid: HMCS AeroDuck
Junker: HMCS Ugly Duckling

HMCS is, of course, "Her Majesty's Canadian Ship". So the Canadian equivalent of HMS.

Offline -Muse- Cullen

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 47
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2013, 06:17:07 pm »
My Squid has jumped between Delirium and Gustatory Hallucin(ation, sadly, the name is too long.), cos I think a mental illness is a good name for this thing, and tasting things that aren't there is also pretty wack.

My Spire is called the Rickenbacker, after System Shock 2's main ship. Fun game.

Offline Big Fat Bob

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2013, 09:59:02 am »
Pyramidion: Big Fat Pyramid - Red Pearl - Blue Pearl
Goldfish: Big Fat Goldfish - Red Pearl - Blue Pearl
Galleon: Big Fat Galleon - Red Pearl - Blue Pearl
Spire: Big Fat Spire - Red Pearl - Blue Pearl
Squid: Big Fat Squid - Red Pearl - Blue Pearl
Junker: Big Fat Junker - Red Pearl - Blue Pearl

and when I hate someone, wanted to show them who's the boss, my ships name is: Let me kill you

Offline Connor Mc

• Salutes: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2013, 12:10:55 am »

Goldfish : Victory II
Victory I was my beta ship and "died"

Offline Helmic

• [NCNS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2013, 01:01:51 am »
Update.

Fat Bastard - killed My Libido.  One of my favorites, typically has flaks and merc on port and hwachas on Starboard to be a Fat Bastard at any range.
Annoying Little POS - I don't always fly squid, but when I do, I make sure to be as much of an asshole as possible.
Knicknack Paddywagon - loljunker
Smiling Snack - I'm warming up to her a bit.  I much prefer the cannonade to the hwacha, makes it easier to dodge Pyramidions when they're falling and I'm rising.
Pewter Piper - The Fat Bastard is a better sniper.  You are useless, Pewter Piper, and you should feel ashamed for it.
Aft Pricker - A PERFECTLY INNOCENT AND APPROPRIATE NAME

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 119
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2013, 04:53:45 am »
Aft Pricker - A PERFECTLY INNOCENT AND APPROPRIATE NAME

You'll never hear me judge.

Offline Helmic

• [NCNS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2013, 05:00:01 am »
I don't know, I might be able to turn that $65 pledge into a bribe and get the Poop Deck Pricker back.

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2013, 11:27:23 am »
I wish I had the inspiration to choose a diffrent name for each ship, but I decided to call all my ships

Crowned Tyrant.

come adventure mode, it's the flagship of a trading company dealing in illegal and black market items.