Author Topic: Game Mode Suggestion  (Read 4284 times)

Offline Wadi.Oakley

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
Game Mode Suggestion
« on: June 29, 2013, 12:29:20 am »
Hi Everyone Im new to both the game and the forums so please go easy on me! I have just been playing the game all night an absolutely love it but during my playing I thought of a new idea for a game mode. I think It would be cool if for one game mode it was 3v3, each team consisting of a larger "mother ship" and two smaller vessels. The large vessel could hold a larger crew (of 6 perhaps) and would have more firepower but be significantly less maneuverable. The goal would be to take out the other team's mothership while at the same time protecting your own. I think this could make for some very fresh, exciting gameplay, what do you guys think?

I also think it would be cool if there was some sort of boarding mechanic for the motherships where you could infiltrate the other teams ship and damage it from the inside a-la-battlefront II, but perhaps that would change the game too much.

Anyways lemme know what you all think!

Thanks!

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
Re: Game Mode Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 12:44:09 am »
Been suggested multiple times, is kindof a neat idea, but having it happen in the forseeable future is not very likely, with the entire Adventure Mode thing at full sail.

And boarding will never happen.

Offline Sir Mathias

• Salutes: 1
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
Re: Game Mode Suggestion
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, 01:59:08 pm »
Welcome to the game!

A brief look around the forums will tell you that many people agree with you on the mothership thing - which is good, because if lots of people want it, I'm sure Muse will work on it. They're pretty active on the forums. In fact I'm sure they already are working on it, since I've heard rumors the new "Adventure Mode" will have mothership type missions. The boarding aspect, however, has been definitively rejected. The problem is that it's completely different from the idea of the game, which is ship vs. ship combat. And, like you said, there are other games you can play for that.