Author Topic: Someone think of the children! Mario Marathon for Child's Play Charity!  (Read 6676 times)

Offline Morblitz

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 35
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
http://www.mariomarathon.com/

For both fun and donatey purposes. Enjoy!

So far they've played through Mario galaxy 2 and Mario sunshine. Working on Mario 64 at the moment.

They're already 33 hours in - the more money they get the more levels it unlocks for them to play - and they have earned over 34 thousand dollars for sick kids. Good on 'em.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 09:08:21 pm by Morblitz »

Offline Surette

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 24
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Personal homepage
Child's Play is a great charity.  :)

Offline Governor Explosion

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
I've been watching off and on all weekend. This was definitely one of the most entertaining charity streams I've watched in awhile (on par with Desert Bus, I think).

I have mixed feelings about Penny Arcade, but I'm definitely in support of Child's Play, and I'm proud to have supported them through buying a Humble Indie Bundle awhile back.

Offline Morblitz

• Community Ambassador
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Well. Penny Arcade actively distance themselves from Child's Play. They are well aware that they have both legions of fans, as well as legions of detractors, and they don't want that to impact upon Child's Play for the sake of kids that the charity is aiming to help. So really, Child's Play is entirely it's own entity at this point - Penny Arcade are completely hands off - which means that anyone's feelings regarding Penny Arcade shouldn't factor into how they feel about Child's Play.

Which I think is a pretty great move.

Offline Plasmarobo

• Salutes: 41
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
I was always under the impression it was their charity.
Did they just found it?

I'm not really sure why people dislike Penny Arcade. I understand it's not always funny to some people or something, and Mike can be a bit abrasive...
But, I mean, in their own words, "They put jpegs on the internet". Whatever man.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 11:02:09 pm by Plasmarobo »

Offline Morblitz

• Community Ambassador
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
From my understanding, the creators of Penny Arcade just founded it. The day-to-day operations seem to be independent from Penny Arcade itself and Gabe and Tycho try not to have much to do with that outside of fundraising - for the very reason that they don't want any potential dislike for them to hurt the charity.