Author Topic: The Captain's Tourney Results  (Read 5500 times)

Offline Morbie

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 22
    • [Sexy]
    • View Profile
The Captain's Tourney Results
« on: June 30, 2013, 03:21:01 am »
Hey guys,

What a day. Around 4 hours of streaming in the wee hours of the morning does take it out of you. Big thanks to Qwerty for getting up even earlier then I did and managing not to fall asleep. I don't know how he did it. Another Huge thanks to Papa Paradox and HoneyBadger for taking on the second stream and going through the other half of the games.
Quite a few no-shows managed to actually cut down the time dramatically, which turned out to be a good thing. If this ever happens again (which I doubt) let's make it a "First kill takes it".

On to who actually won then!
Due to time constraints.. third place was never actually found out, so it is a tie between RomanKar and Captain Roy
Second place went to Brick Hardcastle, who played some incredible games throughout.
And the winner of The Captain's Tourney is...! (dun dun) (dun dun) (tension build).... Squash! Well done, buddy!
Congratulations to all the pilots who flew today, there were some absolutely brilliant moves seen today, and a special shoutout goes to Gilder, who was ballsy enough to bring a squid into the mix, and nearly pulled it off, too. Tickle me impressed.

Morbie out.

Offline Squash

• Salutes: 71
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: The Captain's Tourney Results
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 04:27:09 am »
Shouldn't third be a tie between Roy and Fluitaire?

Offline Morbie

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 22
    • [Sexy]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 12:21:13 am »
Shouldn't third be a tie between Roy and Fluitaire?
Err... actually yes. I totally screwed that up. Sorry, Fluitaire!

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 12:50:26 pm »
I missed most of the tourney, so I didn't watch the final until last night.

Amazing job by Squash getting that kill in with something like 30 seconds to go, and beautiful trifecta from Brick at the start. I also really liked Squash's clever flare gun/F2 strategy.