Author Topic: New Advancement in Engineering Technology! Too good to be true?  (Read 6540 times)

Offline Enjix

• Salutes: 3
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
Personal Teleportal Units coming to a ship near you!

Found this out while messing around in practice mode a bit, if you click the "Go AFK" button and "Return to Game," you can teleport yourself to the crew spawn point of the ship.

This seems pretty insignificant, until you start to consider that the crew spawn point of the galleon is right in front of the hull, and you can click those two buttons faster than you can run to the spawn point from most positions on such a large ship. Suddenly, your entire crew that is fixing the balloon and manning the guns can be camping the hull the second it goes down.

This is a really neat trick, and is actually pretty useful for some ships. However, it seems like it's re-purposing the afk system to the point of being exploitative.

Hoping to hear what Muse's take on it is.

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: New Advancement in Engineering Technology! Too good to be true?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2013, 02:26:37 am »
Actually this is a known exploit (at least known by me).

I thought a CA had reported it to Muse already.  Hopefully this gets patched out.

But yes it does work well.

Offline Enjix

• Salutes: 3
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013, 02:30:21 am »
Ah, ok.

It's a pretty simple idea, so I'm not surprised if it's known already. I've just never heard anyone talk about it before.

Hope it does as well.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 03:22:42 am »
I thought this was about beating the hull with the severed heads of powder monkeys who quick join. Booo.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 05:10:13 pm »
No that I indulge in this activity, but I hear engineers can get away without a fire extinguisher by going afk and letting the bot extinguish the component.

What I do on Jace's ship is bring, Mallet, Spanner and Buff.

>Buff everything before fighting commences
>Keep hull and engines buffed at all times
>when fire it set, either Gungineer comes  down and puts out, OR click GO AFK and AI takes care of hull fire

Though fire isn't a problem most of the time, unless enemy build is BUILT for fire.

Good of you to realize this though, I just don't expect this technique to survive the next few patches.

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 01:57:43 pm »
I've done this a few times when falling off a ship. I think a simple five second delay could largely fix the issue.