Author Topic: Wind on Water Hazard  (Read 11159 times)

Offline Queso

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 126
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Wind on Water Hazard
« on: February 27, 2013, 08:42:56 am »
Now that we have some more 3v3 Deathmatch maps I can finally get back to playing my favorite map Water Hazard. However it's changed since I've last played. The wind forces the whole match east onto the edge where it stays until the end. Now I like the idea of wind but there is currently no indicator of it (that I've noticed) and the way it operates on Water Hazard is no fun at all for a map that used to be about flying through the pillars and hiding behind the fluffy clouds .

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: Wind on Water Hazard
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 12:51:24 pm »
This may be better suited for the Feedback and Suggestions thread, but I do agree with you there should be some way to measure wind. not sure if the flags on some ships assist with that. to be honest, I have not really paid much attention to it.

Offline Queso

• Muse Games
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 07:52:34 pm »
Well map design is integral to the gameplay so I thought it much better suited here.

Offline Jazzza

• Salutes: 16
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 03:08:36 am »
We played Water Hazard three times in a row and I barely noticed the wind. The times I did, I was being pushed toward a pillar and evaded it without damage.

I think wind is much more realistic and adds another level of difficulty. The only map it is a bit of an issue on may be Dual At Dawn, but I suppose it is a dueling map.

Offline Mattilald Anguisad

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 12
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 03:26:46 am »
I think you get used to it - first few times I've hda simmilar issues. That said they should probably add another pilot tool, that would be usable everywhere, so engineer and gunner would have a choice of 2 useful tools: a syglass and a wind gauge.

Offline Queso

• Muse Games
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2013, 11:05:01 am »
I like the idea of a wind gauge as a pilot tool for engineers and gunners to possibly take. It would be much more useful if the wind sometimes changed on water hazard.

Offline Jazzza

• Salutes: 16
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2013, 12:35:00 am »
I like the idea of a wind gauge as a pilot tool for engineers and gunners to possibly take. It would be much more useful if the wind sometimes changed on water hazard.

I'd prefer a gauge on the ship itself. I would think they'd have them anyway (not having a go at Muse, just saying that's what ships would have).

Besides, players are already filling up slots with important tools. Unless Muse adds another tool slot for us to use, another tool like this probably won't be used very much.

Offline Captain Phil

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 13
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2013, 02:28:30 am »
Don't need a wind gauge, just need the flags on the ship to move with the wind.

Offline Pickle

• Salutes: 42
    • [AeBr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2013, 04:21:42 am »
A couple of tell-tales on the rigging would be enough - but they have to act properly, i.e. not just reflect the wind speed and direction, but the combined effect of the wind vector and the ship movement vector.