Author Topic: orignal flamethrower  (Read 39558 times)

Offline MasX

• Salutes: 26
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
orignal flamethrower
« on: June 20, 2013, 10:08:12 am »
I think the orignal flamethrower would help balance the game better, give squid a Lil more power give gunners a place and would help break up the  meta alil bit ......what so guys think for those who remember.

Offline Keon

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 105
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: orignal flamethrower
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 10:29:51 am »
What was different? 1 flame gun lockdowns?

Offline Echoez

• Salutes: 40
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 10:36:14 am »
That's more of a thing with fire all together isn't it though? Going back to kicking people out of guns with even one stack of fire?

Offline Surette

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 24
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Personal homepage
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 03:09:44 pm »
Fire just got a buff and it's been working out pretty well so far I think. Flamethrowers are viable weapons again.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2013, 03:32:39 pm »
Fun fact: because of a typo, the thread's title says "orignal". That's the French word for moose.

Offline Zenark

• Salutes: 41
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2013, 03:46:45 pm »
Fun fact: because of a typo, the thread's title says "orignal". That's the French word for moose.

The more you know!

Offline Serenum

• Salutes: 12
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2013, 04:11:25 pm »

I'd love a flamethrower moose.

Offline Echoez

• Salutes: 40
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2013, 04:19:06 pm »
Fire just got a buff and it's been working out pretty well so far I think. Flamethrowers are viable weapons again.

I would argue that incendiary ammo on a mortar does a better job than a flamer, but eh..

I still don't see them as 'viable', more like annoying.

Offline Letus

• Salutes: 34
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2013, 04:51:10 pm »

I would argue that incendiary ammo on a mortar does a better job than a flamer, but eh..

I still don't see them as 'viable', more like annoying.

That's what it was way back then.

Way back when you needed a gunner with heatsink ammo because anything igniting your gun booted you off.  Anything from banshees, flamethrowers...or a well placed flack shot.

I still think the flame stack to boot off gun should be lowered a bit...the only way to really stack that much onto a gun is if you're using burst or greased rounds...

Offline chow

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 0
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2013, 05:20:43 pm »
^

What do you mean about the flamethrower, MasX?

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2013, 05:34:14 pm »
Think hes talking about how it would instant knock guns offline. It was a great disabling weapon and required engineers and pilots to be on their toes. I've actually advocated this ever since the patch hit which changed it to it's current form. Turned flames from useful to pointless/mere annoyance. Then made it worse by buffing chem spray so much that it belittled flame use even more. Chem spray in it's current form makes more sense if flames are in their former form since then it would have more of a reason for existing and flamer ships would still need to bring some other weapon besides flames.

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2013, 07:40:52 pm »
I do believe he's talking about the flame stacks necessary to kick someone from their gun be reduced so that the flamethrower functions more like it used too. 

That and maybe change the damage matrix since the flamer used to be able to kill guns and engines pretty darn well if fire was left unchecked and burning.

Offline MasX

• [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2013, 09:54:17 pm »
good with typo arent I

Offline MasX

• [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2013, 09:59:25 pm »
^

What do you mean about the flamethrower, MasX?

flamethower use to be a real threat  we should bring tha back  creating use for a gunner and new gameplay styles

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2013, 11:58:11 pm »
flamethower use to be a real threat  we should bring tha back  creating use for a gunner and new gameplay styles
That's uh... quite a lot of completely non-descriptive stuff bunched all into one....

However, on the topic of the flamethrowers, they're a pretty big threat currently since the changes in last patch. Having it go back to where it was where any fire at all would knock you off a gun would be pretty silly.