Author Topic: Sometimes it's like MUSE doesn't want any money.  (Read 11913 times)

Offline Typhi

• Salutes: 10
    • [TFoD]
    • View Profile
Sometimes it's like MUSE doesn't want any money.
« on: June 16, 2013, 11:50:49 am »
Where is the big button, donate now, buy the game, or something similar? I just say a pretty small play now button, but not really advertising it on Facebook and other social media... Did you already try to Greenlight the game on Steam? I think that should do it. :)

Offline dragonmere

• Salutes: 45
    • [COx]
    • View Profile
Re: Sometimes it's like MUSE doesn't want any money.
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 11:56:54 am »
This game is on Steam, exclusively. I'm not sure what you think we should be greenlighting...
http://www.gunsoficarus.com/ has a fairly large "play now" button at the top. It takes you to the website store which includes donate buttons for Adventure Mode, and a very large graphic directs to  the Steam Store page. Finally, http://www.facebook.com/GunsOfIcarusOnline is about exactly as active as it should be in my opinion. They post links to user-generated art and videos, information about community events, and updates on the development journey.

What, exactly, do you think should be changed?

Offline Surette

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 24
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Personal homepage
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 01:22:13 pm »
I'm with dragonmere on this one, personally I've been impressed with all the advertising Muse has been doing, between multiple Steam sales, the IndieGameStand sale (which was IndieGameStand's most popular sale ever), all the posts to the community, etc. What more could they be doing? Honestly I think they've been doing everything right.

Offline MasX

• Salutes: 26
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 09:26:08 am »
This thread is dumb someone kill it

Offline Typhi

• [TFoD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 01:31:10 pm »
Ah yes, I totally forgot that Guns of Icarus Online: Adventure Mode is a DLC... my bad.... And what could be changed? I think they should have a bigger button with buy now, it could help, maybe. :)

Edit: Actually don't make it bigger, just make it more attractive... Like "We need Captains like you!", join us in the skies, buy Guns of Icarus Online today!

Offline Echoez

• Salutes: 40
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2013, 03:16:24 pm »
Ah yes, I totally forgot that Guns of Icarus Online: Adventure Mode is a DLC... my bad.... And what could be changed? I think they should have a bigger button with buy now, it could help, maybe. :)

Edit: Actually don't make it bigger, just make it more attractive... Like "We need Captains like you!", join us in the skies, buy Guns of Icarus Online today!

The game doesn't need captains only though..

Offline Chango

• Salutes: 13
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2013, 03:24:41 pm »
A Free Steam Weekend is about the only thing I could think of that they could do different..

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2013, 03:45:14 pm »
I would prefer if new people didn't captain until they learn the other two classes first. Advertizing "We need Captains like you!" might give people the wrong impression of what this game is about. I like "Come fly with us" better.

Offline Phores

• Salutes: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2013, 07:17:51 pm »
A Free Steam Weekend is about the only thing I could think of that they could do different..

This would be an awesome hype driver for adventure mode... limit it ofcourse... don't want the usual "Free weekend? I'll just suck all the gameplay out this weekend then."

I would prefer if new people didn't captain until they learn the other two classes first.

This is more of a strcuture issue thats a tough call, though I agree, there should be at least a pop up warning explaining you should probably crew for a bit first.

Offline Typhi

• [TFoD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2013, 10:05:24 am »
Actually this is the best idea, just make it something like Star Citizen http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen/?rid=28776 (Just some tiers that you can buy on the right side of the page) and you are all set. People should know then how to buy the game :)

Also put in different tiers, just like on the Kickstarter page (The layout kinda looks the same like KS/Star Citizen). And you might wanna show how much we raised so far (Including the Kickstarter) just for motivation :) It would be awesome! And believe me, you will get a lot more funding! :)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 10:20:25 am by Typhi »

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2013, 02:44:12 pm »
This is more of a strcuture issue thats a tough call, though I agree, there should be at least a pop up warning explaining you should probably crew for a bit first.

I think the quality of new players is determined by the type of adverting Muse does. We all approach a new game with some preconceptions. Approaching GOI with the preconception that you can be the top player on your team vs the preconception that you will be a cog in a well oiled machine leads to different play styles. Muse should encourage the latter with its marketing so that people who do pickup the game will be better prepared for what they will encounter in game.

Offline MasX

• Salutes: 26
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2013, 02:45:24 pm »
yea muse make this game play to win !!!!!!!!!!

Offline Typhi

• [TFoD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2013, 09:49:20 am »
yea muse make this game play to win !!!!!!!!!!

It is already play to win...

Offline Typhi

• [TFoD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2013, 11:26:16 am »
Okay guys, I just drop this here because this is the email I just got out to Muse Games. :) Maybe you have an opinion about it, or a suggestion, be free to leave it here in the topic ^^

"Dear awesome people at Muse Games,

You guys are truly amazing and I really like your game! :) Though we both know that you need more funding to finish the whole project (You have 200k and you need atleast 500k). I don't know exactly what kind of plans you have for the future, and I would suggest to keep the community informed about that. (Crowdfunders love information!).

Though to give you a bit of a suggestion, there is a really really succesful game out there which is called Star Citizen. (The biggest crowdfunded game ever!). And I suggest you take a look at their website.

http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen/?rid=28776

As you can see they have a whole lot of tiers available to buy from. It's really easy to see that the game is buyable, and in my opinion a whole lot better then just a small button like donate now, or play now. (You have different tiers, sure your list won't be that long like Star Citizen, but it would be very easy to see that people can buy your game) Ofcourse this is a lot looking like Kickstarter, which is great in my opinion! (Don't hate Kickstarter, love them! ;))

Also a very neat addition is that on top of the page (http://puu.sh/3kSUW.jpg) you can see exactly how much got raised through Kickstarter and how much got raised through their own website. This is important for the backers to see how close they are towards additional stretch goals. For example they have build a motion cap studio at the mark of 10 million! You would not believe how fast the money rolled in! ;p

I really suggest you take this approach, if you have a better idea, I would like to hear it :) Though I think this is a pretty good way to raise additional funds.

Let me hear what you think! :)

Stay awesome,

Kind regards,

Leon"

Offline Plasmarobo

• Salutes: 41
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2013, 04:07:46 pm »
Okay guys, I just drop this here because this is the email I just got out to Muse Games. :) Maybe you have an opinion about it, or a suggestion, be free to leave it here in the topic ^^

I find it amusing that you're working so hard at this. Angling for a marketing position at Muse or something?
Personally I think they are marketing well.

I might be wrong about this, but the game appeals to people who like community and teamwork. I don't know that shotgun marketing is the way to go with this. Might damage the community. While I think it could be a bit more visible, I think Muse made a great game and I trust them as a company. They'll advertise where and when they need to.

I'm not going to pretend to know any more about marketing that people who do it professionally (I.E. Whoever Muse hired).