Author Topic: Multiple maps in Practice mode  (Read 6680 times)

Offline Absoul

• Salutes: 5
    • View Profile
Multiple maps in Practice mode
« on: June 15, 2013, 03:32:06 am »
Fairly simple suggestion - be able to change the map in Practice mode. My friends and I love cruising around on all the different maps but at the moment if we want to do that on any map besides Sandbox we have to a) have all 4 of us on in the first place and b) be on different ships and different teams.

If it could be changed so that we could chill on one ship on any map through practice mode, that would be great.

-Absoul

Offline Rainer Zu Fall

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 26
    • [Prof]
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple maps in Practice mode
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 04:20:25 am »
Here, have my salute, sir. That's good idea to show new players the maps so they can explore them freely and get to know them. Love it!

What I would like to see too would be the possibility to launch a second ship in the practice mode, so you can show beginners more stuff.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 07:59:44 am »
I've been suggesting this over and over again for so long now. It's something that's really, really needed to be able to practice different maps. You can figure out new ideas on Dunes on your own, but not Fjords, Canyon, etc. What if I see a new path on Paritian Rumble that I want to use? If I try it out in a match, I could get velcroed and lose it for the team.

Anyways, most certainly yes. This is a necessity.

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2013, 10:46:27 am »
it has been requested for some months now.

it would help squid racing a lot too.

Offline evodoc

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 13
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2013, 08:01:05 pm »
Completely agree with the idea.

Offline Phores

• Salutes: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2013, 06:48:15 am »
Here, have my salute, sir. That's good idea to show new players the maps so they can explore them freely and get to know them. Love it!

What I would like to see too would be the possibility to launch a second ship in the practice mode, so you can show beginners more stuff.

This. "Practice" should be a toggle-able mode not a map. Just disable win conditions and maybe allow swapping to other ships in the match mid-game. Would serve as an unofficial stand in for all the gametypes people want (with observer judge) and allow some actual practice. Rather than simply moving and shooting at slow moving, tiny, targets that barely fire back and have no "parts" consistent with actual ships.

Current system serves as a "learn some controls" not as a practice.