Author Topic: Drogue chute new discovery?  (Read 5513 times)

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
Drogue chute new discovery?
« on: June 18, 2013, 02:24:14 am »
So i was messing around with Spires Vertical movement. Until i thought. "What if, the spire could stay above maximum hight for longer!" :O

So then i combined hydrogen + drogue chute + baloon buff.

This is the problem: The maximum sky limit is a wall. It will bounce you back down real hard.
So why not use Drogue chute? Guess what, It does not work for some reason.

BUT

If the baloon brakes before, during or after the sky limit bounce only THEN will the drogue chute start working.

Try it out yourself. Try getting the ai to repair the baloon, get bounced (remember to have upgraded baloon) off the sky limit and you wont be able to control going back up. or Braking the fall. But deactivate your AI, buff baloon, start going up with hydrogen, wait for the baloon to go red... Drogue chute and then activate the ai to start repairing. You will then start falling gracefully and slow.

This is obviously a bug and should be fixed (The fact that dorgue chute does not work if the baloon does not pop when bouncing off the sky)

Offline Mr.Bando

• Salutes: 4
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
Re: Drogue chute new discovery?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 07:10:47 am »
I think the buffed balloon state reduces vertical drag on your ship and it cancels out drogue chute added vertical drag. But when the balloon pops, all buffs are removed.

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
Re: Drogue chute new discovery?
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 02:15:42 pm »
Thats a good point. But then the buff and the chute needs a synergy fix then. Because why buff the baloon to fly way to fast downwards or upwards?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 02:17:55 pm by Crafeksterty »